Why become a member? ×

SOLD. 1971 Precision with A neck.
£3200
LONDON

Clarky

Fabulous 1971 P bass with the rare A width neck. Bought on this forum from the super helpful Yannick aka @Hoochand still in the same condition. All original bar refret, new nut and cavity shielding which Yannick had done.  Very light bass (8.4 pounds) and plays slickly with LaBella 760 light flats. Selling as I am happier playing a Jazz bass these days (love my AVRI 62 RI). Was after essentially what I paid including import costs/VAT (it came to me from France) but will take a near 15% cut to get it moved on.

Collection south of Hammersmith Bridge or post at cost. UK-only after some post-Brexit horror stories (2 of which I have been involved in - 1 of which was getting this very bass from Yannick in France!) Will come in a very rudimentary (but protective) non Fender hard case and will be very well packed.

No trades, unless its an all-original early 1970s Jazz in 3TS/rosewood that weighs no more than 9 pounds (not many of them around, so highly unlikely ...)

Previous FS link with loads of pics and history of the work Yannick had done on this 

20210911_110851.jpg

20210911_110912.jpg

20210911_110909.jpg

20210911_110932.jpg

20210911_110925.jpg

20210911_110920.jpg

Edited by martthebass
  • Like 21

Yeah it was quite the journey to go from France to UK, six weeks or so to cross the boarder and be delivered. Not a comfortable situation for both of us for sure, but we did what could be done and patience finally was a virtue.

And this Precision rocks ! GLWYS Mark

• Like 1

Thanks Yannick.

TBH, I am not awfully bothered if it doesn't sell as I think the rarity of an early 70s P bass with an A neck will mean its a good long term investment. Its simply the fact that I am not playing it (and that I am really loving my Jazz) that has led me to put it up FS - and maybe this is the bass of someone's dreams? If the time is not right, I am happy to put it back in its case and see if if I come around to this at a later date :D

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 1

• Clarky changed the title to BACK UP FS. 1971 Precision with A (Jazz width) neck. Now £2,999
  • gary mac locked this topic
  • wateroftyne unlocked this topic
  • Clarky changed the title to BACK UP FS. 1971 Precision with A (Jazz width) neck. Now £2,850
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Clarky changed the title to WITHDRAWN. 1971 Precision with A (Jazz width) neck. Now £2,850