Why become a member? ×

Boss TU-3 vs Korg PB-AD vs TC Polytune 3

Supernaut

I’ve had a Boss TU-2 on my pedal board for years. No probs. Easy to see on a stage… mutes when you’re tuning (I also use it as a mute pedal) and I it also has a daisy chain power out… I use it to power my pre amp pedal. If it blew up I’d probably buy the TU-3.

… I’ve got two TU-3 pedals and  3 TC Electronic Polytune 3 noir minis lol. If I had to have only 1 it’d be the TC Poly 3 mini due to it‘s more easily readable screen and smaller footprint. Also it can be set to true bypass or buffered if in the signal chain 👍🏼

I have the Boss TU-3 and it’s always been great, plus it doubles up as a kill / mute switch.   Easy to read on a dark stage as well, so no nonsense tuning when you have a short break in play. 
The only downside is it takes up more room than some of the other tuners.  And some other pedals or amps have tuners on board.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 for the Boss TU-3. Never let me down. I don’t plan on ever straying from Boss tuners. Board space isn’t an issue and I love the soft hinged footplate or whatever it’s called on Boss pedals. Hearing / feeling a button click under my foot every time I tune, kill or mute would do my head in as I’ve got so used to Boss tuners. 

I have also finally caved in to my major GAS for a Boss Waza Craft TU-3W after a mint condition one came up on eBay. Never felt I could quite justify the full new price for a tuner I didn’t actually need. I guess a tuner is an odd thing to get GAS over, as it must be one of the most boring things we have to buy. But when I saw that badass black enclosure and those blue LEDs, I HAD to have it! I am strangely excited about its arrival even thought I suspect it will go away til Xmas. 

@Supernaut did you make a choice yet?

Edit: It also supposedly has a really good, switchable buffer, though i don’t really understand what that means!

Edited by dmc79
Update