Why become a member? ×

Budget Wireless

Guest BassAdder27

At a gig any 2.4GHz wireless unit will be competing for bandwidth with every single mobile phone user in the venue.

After a few of problems with the much more professional Sony 2.4GHz system I have (In particular I had two gigs where the transmitter unit mysteriously changed channels mid-gig, both were venues where either the FoH or monitor mix was being controlled by WiFi connected tablets) I've stopped using wireless.

ATM I no longer play enough venues where a standard 20' jack lead isn't sufficient to cover the whole stage area.  When it gets to the point that I need to look at wireless systems again I'll take EBS Freak's advice and go for a professional standard system that doesn't use WiFi frequencies.

16 hours ago, BigRedX said:

At a gig any 2.4GHz wireless unit will be competing for bandwidth with every single mobile phone user in the venue.

After a few of problems with the much more professional Sony 2.4GHz system I have (In particular I had two gigs where the transmitter unit mysteriously changed channels mid-gig, both were venues where either the FoH or monitor mix was being controlled by WiFi connected tablets) I've stopped using wireless.

ATM I no longer play enough venues where a standard 20' jack lead isn't sufficient to cover the whole stage area.  When it gets to the point that I need to look at wireless systems again I'll take EBS Freak's advice and go for a professional standard system that doesn't use WiFi frequencies.

yep agreed. I took advice from EBS Freak over a wireless mic system. Stayed analogue with Sennheiser. It's superb