Why become a member? ×

*NOW JUST £550!!* Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor - *SOLD*
£675
Eastbourne, East Sussex

DoubleOhStephan

1 hour ago, DoubleOhStephan said:

Ahh go on, it's lovely down here, it's the sunshine coast!! 😉

Honestly, I’d take it off you if you were around Colchester, but I’m only really using one of my six basses as it is, so it’s difficult to justify travelling. Besides, I’ve seen the weather forecast 😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nickev said:

Honestly, I’d take it off you if you were around Colchester, but I’m only really using one of my six basses as it is, so it’s difficult to justify travelling. Besides, I’ve seen the weather forecast 😊

No worries fella! I'm slowly cutting my collection down from 9, currently at 3 (excluding this one). It's not easy!

• Like 1

• DoubleOhStephan changed the title to *OFFERS* £100 OFF!!! Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor
  • DoubleOhStephan changed the title to *NOW JUST £550!!* Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor

If anyone is eyeing this and still hesitating - buy it! Those are awesome, had a 5 which I sold to a friend who fell in love with it and wouldn’t leave me alone - one of the most amazing playing and sounding basses I have ever owned (and I’ve owned a few pretty decent ones…). If it was a 5 I would have grabbed it. 

• Thanks 1

On 17/12/2021 at 16:24, Steff said:

If anyone is eyeing this and still hesitating - buy it! Those are awesome, had a 5 which I sold to a friend who fell in love with it and wouldn’t leave me alone - one of the most amazing playing and sounding basses I have ever owned (and I’ve owned a few pretty decent ones…). If it was a 5 I would have grabbed it. 

Thanks Steff, I agree it's an awesome bit of kit. Make a lovely Xmas gift for some lucky lowender 🙂

@posibass

Hi Paul, yep it's still available. 

The asymmetry of the neck isn't something I was aware of until it was pointed out by the tech at the Bass Gallery, and even then its very subtle. All I knew was it was the most comfortable I'd ever played and wanted them to use it as a template and make my TT4 feel the same.

The best way I can describe it is, its a touch slimmer on the treble side which makes fingering access easier as there's less wood to get in the way.

As I say, it's very subtle but makes an incremental improvement, a bit like rolling the fretboard edges (which this also has). It's not a massive change and doesn't feel "different", just small improvements which add to the overall effect. 

Hope this helps (sorry it's a bit wordy!)

Edited by DoubleOhStephan

4 hours ago, stewblack said:

This is the best value I've ever seen on Basschat. Unreal no one has snapped it up. 

If I hadn't lost all my December earnings through covid I'd have it in a heartbeat.

Cheers Stew, sorry to hear about your loss of earnings.

Update - I've updated the listing in answer to a couple of questions I've received. 

On 20/12/2021 at 08:55, DoubleOhStephan said:

@posibass

Hi Paul, yep it's still available. 

The asymmetry of the neck isn't something I was aware of until it was pointed out by the tech at the Bass Gallery, and even then its very subtle. All I knew was it was the most comfortable I'd ever played and wanted them to use it as a template and make my TT4 feel the same.

The best way I can describe it is, its a touch slimmer on the treble side which makes fingering access easier as there's less wood to get in the way.

As I say, it's very subtle but makes an incremental improvement, a bit like rolling the fretboard edges (which this also has). It's not a massive change and doesn't feel "different", just small improvements which add to the overall effect. 

Hope this helps (sorry it's a bit wordy!)

Thanks for the information, and apologies for the reply. It's a lovely instrument and I'll give it some thought. Best wishes, Paul 

• Thanks 1