Why become a member? ×

*NOW JUST £550!!* Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor - *SOLD*
£675
Eastbourne, East Sussex

DoubleOhStephan

Now just £550 for this absolute beast of a bass!!!!

Massive price drop to only £575!!!!!!

Up for very reluctant sale is my awesome Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor. 

Extremely well made in Germany in 2005, it has a beautifully figured Ash body and a clean, uncluttered rosewood fretboard, giving the bass an elegant and understated appearance.

It's in fantastic condition for a 16 year old instrument, with a few minor drinks and scratches on the body and the expected headstock cymbal nibbles and belt rash on the back (please check the pics).

It has had some work done over the years, most noticeably the neck, which has had a reshape and satin refinish (highlighted in the pics). It now is slightly asymmetrical, which was highlighted by Martin at the Bass Gallery when I took it in as the template for my TT4 neck refin. Whoever did the work did a fantastic job, this bass has one of the nicest necks I've ever played, smooth, very comfortable and not fatiguing at all.

Additionally, the volume pot has been replaced at some point. These seemed to be a bit of a Sandberg weakness on their earlier basses, it also needed to be changed on my Classic.

Other than that, everything else is original, works as it should and sounds immense. The bridge is solid and tuners tight, smooth and hold tune well.

The two powerhumbuckers and active 3-band pre-amp offer a load of tonal variation, from a deep smooth low end, to a crisp clear high range. With the addition of a split switch, the bass also gives the option of single coil accents. The bass can also be played in passive mode by pulling the volume pot, bypassing the active circuit and battery.

It comes in an as-new Sandberg gig bag, has been cleaned, polished and lemon oiled and is set up with super low action.

Weight (on the kitchen scales) is 4.139kg / 9.12lb.

Nut - 40mm / 34" Long Scale

As always, collection is much preferred from Eastbourne, East Sussex, but I'm willing to ship within the UK at the buyers own arrangement, cost and risk. I don't have a box unfortunately, but will use a load of bubble wrap in the gig back to keep it as safe as possible.

Any questions, please let me know and thanks for looking.

20210922_094208.jpg

20210922_094153.jpg

20210922_094313.jpg

20210922_094243.jpg

20210922_094644.jpg

20210922_094656.jpg

20210922_094602.jpg

20210922_094558.jpg

20210922_094756.jpg

20210922_094804.jpg

20210922_094838.jpg

20210922_094826.jpg

20210922_095034.jpg

20210922_094908.jpg

20210922_095125.jpg

20210922_095156.jpg

20210922_105836.jpg

20210922_110727.jpg

Edited by DoubleOhStephan
Sold
  • Like 7

• DoubleOhStephan changed the title to *Price Drop* Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor

A while back I was in the hunt for a 5 string HH Musicman bass (a good friend has a 5 string Stingray HH) but I ended up buying a 5 string Ken Taylor like this because I think it sounded nicer and it is REALLY well built. This is a bargain waiting to happen.

• Like 3

A friend of mine had a Sandberg - sorry, no idea what model - which he rated very highly. Sold it (here I believe) due to it's weight.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in this, good aesthetics, quality build with good parts. 

17 hours ago, horrorshowbass said:

Someone buy this :(

I can't. Agreed in the stingray vibes, videos on YouTube a/b ing stingray vs basic

Ahh go on, she's waiting for you 😉

I've never played a stingray so can't comment on that, but this one has more than measured up to everything else I've had over the past few years, mainly Fenders but also newer Californias. 

17 hours ago, TheGreek said:

A friend of mine had a Sandberg - sorry, no idea what model - which he rated very highly. Sold it (here I believe) due to it's weight.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more interest in this, good aesthetics, quality build with good parts. 

Cheers Mick, she's a cracker. I'm sure she'll have a new owner soon enough 👍🏻

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DoubleOhStephan said:

I've never played a stingray so can't comment on that, but this one has more than measured up to everything else I've had over the past few years, mainly Fenders but also newer Californias. 

It would be mine but my stingray classic blew the budget. Totally worth it tho

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DoubleOhStephan said:

https://youtu.be/2ejHLymF2es

• Like 1

I bought one of these a year or so ago off another Basschatter.  Incredible quality, sound, build and response.  This is a great price for a top of the range bass.  Cannot believe it has not been snapped up.  \My pro pals who have tried it are impressed and I have two of them who want first option should I ever sell.  Have told them about this one.  GLWTS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DoubleOhStephan said:

Thanks fella, totally agree! The neck on this one is even smoother with the work that's been done, absolutely lovely to play, so quick!

I have a hip shot tuner on mine as well........... just adds to the quality......... do not drop the price!  It is worth more sir!

• Like 1

• DoubleOhStephan changed the title to £100 OFF!!! Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor
  • DoubleOhStephan changed the title to *SOLD* Sandberg Basic Ken Taylor