Why become a member? ×

GR AT Bass Cube 500 and Eich BC 500 Pro

Tim C.

Greetings to all BC members…keep it funky!  Live in the states and looking to purchase either a GR AT Cube 500 or and Eich BC 112 Pro.  These products are not readily available in the US so reaching out to you cats over there to if anybody owns one or the other and likes/dislikes etc.  The Cube at 20 lbs. is appealing for that reason.  I play funk, blues and slap.  When jamming with my pals I usually prefer a more solid bottom (no pun here).  Many thanks and stay safe!

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

@thebassist - just seen your wanted ad for an Eich BC112 Pro and also stumbled on this thread from a few months back.

I'm actually on the look out for a very portable bass combo for when I need to be using public transport around London and the Eich is on my shortlist together the MB CMD 121P. The new GR AT stuff does look good on paper, but I'm aware it's not the sturdiest of construction from my own experience and I wouldn't be confident of taking it anywhere to gig other than in my own car.

Be really interested in a bit more detail on why you felt the Eich trumped the GR?