Why become a member? ×

I love this : a genuine Fedner P bass

Shonks

1 hour ago, Happy Jack said:

That's worth the money just for the neck shim!

Its the grand poobah of all neck shims. It is the neck shim that all other neck shims aspire to be. It is the neck shim that other neck shims worship like a god. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, tauzero said:

Nice detail using tort for the battery box cover.

Thank you. When I had the pickguard made, I asked the guy to use an off cut and make a little cover. It makes a change from the standard black. 

Edited by rushbo

4 minutes ago, Duroc17 said:

Now it’s mine. Nice job Rushbo. Lovely neck feel. Might tinker a bit myself -  but for now will get used to it. 

D66F28E5-61CC-4A67-966B-F8F1F9D88732.jpeg

Blimey! 

I'm glad you like it - let me know how you get on. 

It's the skinniest neck I've ever played, which suited my Trump-like hands. If I remember rightly, it's off an old Aria and had a "hook nosed" headstock, which I reshaped. The body was oiled with Tru-Oil. 

Edited by rushbo

yes the oiled finish is nice that's what caught my eye first- that and that pup in a P is which i pulled the trigger that and it was a super price sir - think it'll be a bit of a project too - there's a couple fo things i might swap possibly - hope you don't mind i might remove the neck decal but i like the Rushbo Custom Shop one - nice touch - gonna get some tapewounds for this

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Duroc17 said:

yes the oiled finish is nice that's what caught my eye first- that and that pup in a P is which i pulled the trigger that and it was a super price sir - think it'll be a bit of a project too - there's a couple fo things i might swap possibly - hope you don't mind i might remove the neck decal but i like the Rushbo Custom Shop one - nice touch - gonna get some tapewounds for this

It's yours now sir, so go nuts!

The flats on it at the moment aren't very "boutique" - they're Adagio flats (45-100, I think). I use them on my Bruce Thomas signature  P Bass and a lovely old Squier which I picked up in a pretty shoddy state for not much money a few years back. I'm in no rush to swap them for something swankier just yet. I've got (black Picato) tapewounds on a cracking Eros semi acoustic bass - old school thump for days. 

Edited by rushbo
  • Like 1

Just now, rushbo said:

It's your now sir, so go nuts!

The flats on it at the moment aren't very "boutique" - they're Adagio flats (45-100, I think). I use them on my Bruce Thomas signature  P Bass and a lovely old Squier which I picked up in a pretty shoddy state for not much money a few years back. I'm in no rush to swap them for something swankier just yet. I've got (black Picato) tapewounds on a cracking Eros semi acoustic bass - old school thump for days. 

I had a Bruce Thomas bass - if my 63 reissue hadnt popped up i'd still have it - awesome basses - what a neck on that one - got tapes on my acoustic and think the low tension will suit this neck on the Rushbo Fedner

• 4 weeks later...

Here it is with Kent Armstrong pup in parallel (with option to add switch for series/parallel), ive shielded everything and added labella tapes 50-105s - it plays itself. So smooth and as I play really light the action is super low. Can’t wait to get it in rehearsals 

734C98B1-F6EF-41B4-8BB1-406F05B267B6.jpeg

C141EB6B-60CE-42CB-9ECE-E852A2797D54.jpeg

• Like 2