Why become a member? ×

Sealed cab options

la bam

Hi all,

I'm loving my ampeg svt preamp into a class d head.

However, I've tried it through my barefaced super 12, and through my ashdown rm x2 2x10 cabs, and the rm sounds much much nicer, perhaps because its sealed?

So what decent lightweight, but heavy duty sealed cabs are currently on the market?

45 minutes ago, la bam said:

Hi all,

I'm loving my ampeg svt preamp into a class d head.

However, I've tried it through my barefaced super 12, and through my ashdown rm x2 2x10 cabs, and the rm sounds much much nicer, perhaps because its sealed?

So what decent lightweight, but heavy duty sealed cabs are currently on the market?

Ashdown ABM PRO NEO range fits the bill nicely.

10 hours ago, skychaserhigh said:

Hartke Hydrive 210 cabs are sealed.  Very punchy and can handle a decent amount of power. 

9 hours ago, Sparky Mark said:

The Hydrive 410 is sealed too. 

Cheers. I've had the hydrive 410, and thought it was great. It's just too unique a sound for the ampeg though.

2 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

Was it definitely the LF? The PF-115LF is ported.

"The Ampeg PF-115LF bass enclosure delivers the performance, looks and affordability of the popular Portaflex series in a powerful, shelf-ported design that hits hard and low. Handling 400 watts and featuring a single 15″ Eminence® driver, the PF-115LF sounds great and looks even better."

Sorry my mistake you’re correct it was ported .. maybe that’s why it sounded woolly lol 😂