Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Fodera Imperial Elite
£6500
Hull

JimJammSpaceMan

* THIS BASS HAS NOW SOLD*

Hello everybody,

For sale is my beautiful Fodera Imperial Elite 5-string. I ordered this bass in early 2013 and took delivery of it in early/ mid 2014. This is an incredibly versatile instrument, one that I've had the great pleasure of playing at home and abroad over the last seven years. Whilst it's always challenging to accurately describe the sound of an instrument, this bass strikes a really nice balance between sounding deep and fat, yet still articulate. One thing that I've always been really impressed by is the mid-range of this bass; even in large and noisy bands, the sound of the bass really manages to cut through, which is always nice! Relatedly, the onboard preamp is really powerful: in no particular order, there is a stacked volume/ tone knob, a pickup pan, knobs for adjusting bass, mid and treble, an active/ passive switch, a coil tap switch and a mid-range switch. As you can see, there are lots of parameters that can be tweaked... Visually, the maple burl top is really stunning in person; I've tried my best to capture it in the pictures - hopefully it comes across on screen! The bass also comes with the Fodera Teardrop case (as shown in the accompanying pictures).

Whilst I have taken very good care of this instrument, there are a few light dings/ scratches, which I've done my best to capture in the pictures (specifically, in pictures 6-10). Other than that, the bass is in good condition.

On the subject of pictures, if you would like any additional shots taking, please just let me know.

I will work with the buyer to find a suitable method of getting the bass to them, although any shipping costs will be at the buyer's expense. Given the price and weight of the instrument (which, incidentally, is 10.8lbs/ 4.9kg), I would be more than happy to discuss hand-delivering the instrument (depending on the buyer's location) or finding a mutually convenient place in which to hand over the instrument, if appropriate. Any questions about delivery, or anything else related to this bass, please feel free to drop me a message.

Please note, I am not interested in trades at this point in time.

Specs (as taken from the instrument's Newborn page on the Fodera site):

Body Woods

Imperial (MG Shape)
Walnut Body
Alder Tone Block
Maple Burl Top (Solid)
Neck Woods

Madagascar Kingwood Fingerboard
3-pc. Hard Rock Maple
Mother-of-Pearl Dot Inlays
Construction Specs

Birth Date – April 2014
Neck-Through Construction
34″ Scale Length
5 String Configuration (17.5mm Spacing)
26 Frets (Large)
Electronics Options

Fodera / Pope Custom 3-Band Preamp
Fodera / Duncan Dual Coils
Matt Garrison Control Layout

Thanks for reading!

1. IMG_5645.JPG

2. IMG_5643.jpg

3. IMG_5647.JPG

4. IMG_5641.JPG

5. IMG_5642.JPG

6. IMG_5627.JPG

7. IMG_5628.JPG

8. IMG_5631.JPG

9. IMG_5630.JPG

10. IMG_5632.JPG

11. IMG_5624.JPG

Edited by JimJammSpaceMan
Sold
  • Like 12

• JimJammSpaceMan changed the title to Fodera Imperial Elite *FINAL PRICE REDUCTION*
  • 1 month later...