Why become a member? ×

Parts for charity builds

Useless amateur

Hi

as some of you know I build basses and guitars for donation to schools, clubs and other organisations. Some of you have been really kind and generous in the past with donations and I can’t say enough how grateful I am for that. 
As usual I am after some more stuff and as always I will be happy to get anything however at the moment I am particularly desperate for bass and guitar bodies. If anyone can help with any parts from screws to necks but particularly bodies I would be really grateful. 

Thanks

Jon

3 minutes ago, oldslapper said:

Got a bass neck you’re welcome to.
Would you like pictures and measurements?

John 

Thanks John. I am happy to take anything at all so photos are not necessary but thanks anyway. If it doesn’t fit on one project it would fit on another one someday. Thanks very much it will be really handy. 
I can’t work due to ill health, I spend my life on morphine, so money is short but if you need help with postage costs I am happy to help out. 

Jon

I definitely have an old Tanglewood elecro/acoustic bowlback guitar (an Ovation copy).  The neck/body joint is damaged and the guitar is unplayabe but the neck might be salvageable.  I'm not sure how you could access the joint as there's no proper soundhole.  If not the machine heads/control knobs etc could be use for parts,

There may also be an old Rose Morris SG bass which is more or less complete although the pots/knobs have been modified.  If I still have it it's lurking in a crawl space in my loft. I'll know for sure if I get the above guitar out of the loft.

Not sure how I'd get these to you either unless someone here is passing both our doors.

24 minutes ago, Nicko said:

I definitely have an old Tanglewood elecro/acoustic bowlback guitar (an Ovation copy).  The neck/body joint is damaged and the guitar is unplayabe but the neck might be salvageable.  I'm not sure how you could access the joint as there's no proper soundhole.  If not the machine heads/control knobs etc could be use for parts,

There may also be an old Rose Morris SG bass which is more or less complete although the pots/knobs have been modified.  If I still have it it's lurking in a crawl space in my loft. I'll know for sure if I get the above guitar out of the loft.

Not sure how I'd get these to you either unless someone here is passing both our doors.

Thanks very much. I’m happy to help out with courier costs if it’s not too much and if you think it’s worthwhile sending them and you are happy to pack them up. Or obviously if anyone is heading between us that would be perfect always assuming people wouldn’t mind helping. 

Again thanks for the kind offer

Jon

2 hours ago, Useless amateur said:

Thanks very much. I’m happy to help out with courier costs if it’s not too much and if you think it’s worthwhile sending them and you are happy to pack them up. Or obviously if anyone is heading between us that would be perfect always assuming people wouldn’t mind helping. 

Again thanks for the kind offer

Jon

I'm happy enough to cover the cost of sending them, but I'm more worried about how to pack them.  I assume you want them as they are (ie whole) I'll take a look and PM you.  Might be a few days or more.

Edited by Nicko
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Nicko said:

I'm happy enough to cover the cost of sending them, but I'm more worried about how to pack them.  I assume you want them as they are (ie whole) I'll take a look and PM you.  Might be a few days or more.

I am happy for them to be whole or in as few bits as you like as I can always put them back together if it makes life easier. Thanks so much to all of you for your generosity 

5 hours ago, Useless amateur said:

I am happy for them to be whole or in as few bits as you like as I can always put them back together if it makes life easier. Thanks so much to all of you for your generosity 

I have managed to get the neck off the Tanglewood,  No sign of the SG Bass but I also stripped some parts off an old Gibson Ripper copy.  If you PM me your address I'll get them packed up and shipped.

I know we’ve exchanged PMs but I would just like to say publicly what a brilliant thing it is you’re doing and I’m pleased to be able to contribute to your cause in some small way. The kids that receive the instruments will be enriched by the experience and some may even go on to bigger and better things as a result. Keep up the good work 👏🏼

• Like 5