Why become a member? ×

SOLD in RECORD TIME! Sterling Ray34 2021 Roasted & Upgraded - John East, Aguilar, Hipshot
£650
Northampton / London / Happy to post / Drive for petrol nearby

Ander87

Hi everyone,

I'm switching to P basses for my projects so sadly I'll have to let this pearl go. I bought it in July this year so really good shape and new - it's had 3 gigs and a videoclip in clean environments.

New these come for £999 and not many of them around even if new! Specially considering the lightweight of 3.7kg, a miracle for a Ray! 

What I've done to the bass with pricing suggested:

* Bass as stock £650 (bargain already, £350 off for a bass of a couple months old) 

* Side dots in white - the roast is so dark that it would affect visibility so white dots on the side professionally installed, which was £70.

* John East MM SR 3 Band - sounds AMAZING!! Really encourage to keep it, the zing in the treble is surreal and thunderous lows +£100, new this is £157 - I have receipt/guarantee from July

* Aguilar MM pickup, rounds out the sound and increasing the presence... +£70 - really worth it

* Hipshot bass Xtender to get to drop D - has a small scratch on one side of the clover, +£40 (new £70 + import from US)

Comes with the original gig bag and original black pick guard

I'll throw in the aged white pearloid pick guard matching the shape of the non-import, US pickup, and the original electronics/tuner.

I can swear by the quality of this bass, I've had the SR5 special and the flexibility of this preamp is just better, very versatile bass.

Collection from Northampton/London or will deliver for petrol money about 50miles. Posting is an option at expense but depends on me getting a suitable box.

image.thumb.png.740f376abf9654cacea66fd377f89fa2.png image.thumb.png.ece5c368d9b10f7ffb054e9a4f8e17cb.png image.thumb.png.ca1da0ec7fe53fae5dd019907c4ddeec.png image.thumb.png.22ac0af5b37ea4f467616bc2f728ced0.png image.thumb.png.48036fc3e2c51615ca224d8027500bcf.pngimage.thumb.png.6e566bc83082fe78f7eab6367a5eef22.png  image.thumb.png.8cde509ef82d1dd2439fcab8e08b0d0b.png image.thumb.png.c022b696588ddaf196a514dc67a93991.png image.thumb.png.f43a376cbcdabe48bbbc693f2eaa9869.png

Edited by Ander87
  • Like 6

Just now, horrorshowbass said:

You've really made a great bass even better

Ah thanks buddy, much appreciated!

I can say with all my heart is the best example of a Ray I’ve had (including US!), John’s work on that preamp is surreal to preserve the authentic tone of pre-EB Musicmans.  

3 minutes ago, Ander87 said:

Ah thanks buddy, much appreciated!

I can say with all my heart is the best example of a Ray I’ve had (including US!), John’s work on that preamp is surreal to preserve the authentic tone of pre-EB Musicmans.  

I have a Classic (and no money left :)) , otherwise I would be very interested.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stingray5 said:

someone is going to get one helluva bass for a very fair price.

Thank you my friend! I do believe so!

22 minutes ago, ChrisLovatt said:

God damn. That is stunning.

My bass budget for the year is pretty empty but holy stinky poo that's a fine instrument.

GLWTS!

thanks! Believe me it’s got an awful lot of presence, I don’t struggle over 2 guitars and drums over a punk rock setting, it sings!

• Like 1

• Ander87 changed the title to SOLD in RECORD TIME! Sterling Ray34 2021 Roasted & Upgraded - John East, Aguilar, Hipshot