Why become a member? ×

I love a cover version

Cliff Edge

I deplore this holier than thou attitude towards MP3.  Original LP, snap, crackle, pop, get up every 20 minutes to turn it over.  What about albums that never actually got a vinyl release?

It's all about convenience and delivery; despite ripping all my audio to FLAC, a decently encoded 320kbps MP3 is anywhere near the quality of the 64/128kbps derivative it was 20 years ago and is indistinguishable from the FLAC.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

I deplore this holier than thou attitude towards MP3.  Original LP, snap, crackle, pop, get up every 20 minutes to turn it over.  What about albums that never actually got a vinyl release?

It's all about convenience and delivery; despite ripping all my audio to FLAC, a decently encoded 320kbps MP3 is anywhere near the quality of the 64/128kbps derivative it was 20 years ago and is indistinguishable from the FLAC.

I have to say I agree with you on this. The way music is consumed today very few people could actually tell the difference. 

Que the audiophiles to rip me apart đŸ“»

20 hours ago, NancyJohnson said:

You’ve missed the best bit about vinyl
 waking up next morning with a hangover
 on top of the bed
 fully clothed plus muddy boots
 headphones on and hearing the continuous zzzzd-tish at the end of the record, been doing that all night after you passed out.

Them were’t days

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Trueno said:

You’ve missed the best bit about vinyl
 waking up next morning with a hangover
 on top of the bed
 fully clothed plus muddy boots
 headphones on and hearing the continuous zzzzd-tish at the end of the record, been doing that all night after you passed out.

Them were’t days

And just try rolling a J on an MP3

• Haha 3