Why become a member? Ɨ

Soloking bass

danbowskill

6 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Would be easy enough to build as a bitsa - bit of extra pickup routing on a J body, cut a Tele Thinline-ish scratchplate then whatever neck/hardware/control layout you wanted.

Ā 

Reminds me a bit of the Aria Avante Steve Bailey sig.

Ā 

image.thumb.png.f9ed21ea73dd636862aac46d31ab82e9.png

I had one of thoseā€¦very, very nice bass.

9 minutes ago, Bassassin said:

Would be easy enough to build as a bitsa - bit of extra pickup routing on a J body, cut a Tele Thinline-ish scratchplate then whatever neck/hardware/control layout you wanted.

Ā 

Reminds me a bit of the Aria Avante Steve Bailey sig.

Ā 

image.thumb.png.f9ed21ea73dd636862aac46d31ab82e9.png

Ā 

Who makes pickups like these?

Ā 

16319651232192306427907659905923-01.thumb.jpeg.9262a2caa120937f648d3066a307dd86.jpeg

Ā 

I know I've seen that principle being used for the Old Smoothie. Where else?

Ā 

Edit: D'OH just use a 5 string pickup you foooool

Edited by Ricky Rioli

2 hours ago, Ricky Rioli said:

e0fyb95mt0iviuv1epqu.jpg

I have noĀ opinion about the quality, other than it looks similar to other basses at the same price point, but being a direct copy of the RB is no bad thing, as that is a cracking bass and one of Fenderā€™s best. Of course, the proof will be in actually being able to play it - are the electronics good enough as I assume itā€™s passive like the RB?

13 hours ago, FDC484950 said:

I have noĀ opinion about the quality, other than it looks similar to other basses at the same price point, but being a direct copy of the RB is no bad thing, as that is a cracking bass and one of Fenderā€™s best. Of course, the proof will be in actually being able to play it - are the electronics good enough as I assume itā€™s passive like the RB?

Fortunately it's fairly hard to screw-up passive electrics.Ā  It's cheap,Ā  nasty active EQs that are a real issue on budget basses.

My concern about this bass is that the pickups wouldn't come close the the RB's items (weren't they a Bill Lawrence design?)

I'dĀ  love a "proper" RB. Preferably a five. But finding one AND having the requisite funds at the same time...