Why become a member? ×

MarkBass Richard Bona Kilimanjaro Signature - PRICE DROP £1500 - *WITHDRAWN*
£1800
Surrey, UK

CookPassBabtridge

Now £1500

Up for sale is my Markbass Richard Bona Kilimanjaro signature 4 string with gig bag. Excellent, like-new condition. Light home use only. A reluctant sale but I have taken up bass building as a hobby and need some funds to put towards a workshop for my garden! (Speaking of which I’ll hopefully be sharing my first bass in the build diary forum in the coming weeks).

If something has Richard Bona’s name on it the chances are it’s going to be pretty good. 

This is a ridiculously versatile bass. The Bartolini pickups paired with the 3-band MarkBass preamp (Vol/Vol/Tone/Bass/Mid/Treble) create any manner of sounds. It has an active/passive mode and the tone control works on both settings making this a Swiss Army Knife of an instrument. It also has an ebony ramp (£100 option) to provide yet more tonal options by providing a wide area to rest your picking hand and help promote consistent attack on the strings.

Another strong point for this bass is its weight. It looks like a bit of a beast but the carefully selected woods mean it’s very lightweight and would be fine to play for longer periods on a gig. My kitchen scales estimate around 3.8kg.

I’ve had a number of complements from friends who have seen this bass. It looks very different from your average Fender-clone and I think this adds to its appeal. So if you want something unique that can cover any manner of genres and will turn a few heads at the same time, this is the bass for you! 

Neck -
WOOD: 1PC QUARTER SAWN MAPLE
PROFILE: THIN D SHAPE
THICKNESS: 20-22mm
TRUSS ROD: DUAL ACTION HEADSTOCK SIDE + GRAPHITE BARS

Body -
TOP: 4A GRADE 5mm SOLID FIGURED MAPLE
WOOD: 2 pcs LIGHTWEIGHT SWAMP ASH
THICKNESS: 38mm
BINDING: 0.5mm BLACK SHIM LINE
BRIDGE: HIPSHOT KICKASS 4 STRINGS BLACK

Electronics -
EQ CONTROLS: MARKBASS V/V/T(active/passive) + 3 BAND EQ
PICKUPS: BARTOLINI MK4CBC

Price is £1800 £1650, these are hard to come by brand new and would cost around £3000. Collection definitely preferred but I am willing to courier to the UK for a little extra at buyer’s risk (please contact me to discuss).

Thanks! Any questions let me know.

IMG_7329.jpg

IMG_7330.jpg

IMG_7331.jpg

IMG_7332.jpg

IMG_7444.jpg

Edited by CookPassBabtridge
  • Like 7

• CookPassBabtridge changed the title to MarkBass Richard Bona Kilimanjaro Signature - PRICE DROP £1650
  • CookPassBabtridge changed the title to WITHDRAWN - MarkBass Richard Bona Kilimanjaro Signature - PRICE DROP £1500