Why become a member? ×

MIJ Fender P Traditional series

Munurmunuh

If you tell the Fender website that you're in Japan then you get to gawp at the huge range of MIJ models that seem to be usually JDM only.

As far as I can see the Traditional range knocks a couple of millimetres off the nut width as a matter of policy. I think Basswood is standard, as well.

Gear4music have got a couple of the Traditional 50s in. 

preview.jpg

U shape profile, but 42mm nut and 9.5" radius. £1,249.

If they had the 40mm 70s model in stock as well I would be wandering up the road to them right now.

Edited by Ricky Rioli

Thanks for the links this is the google translation as I was still struggling with the Japanese 

Made in Japan Traditional series derived by combining the aesthetics of Fender's traditional musical instrument production with the sophisticated craftsmanship of Japan. Fender's orthodox DNA is revived with reliable Made in Japan quality. Made in Japan Traditional Original 50s Precision Bass® uses a gloss finish basswood body. A 9.5-inch radius "U" shaped maple neck with 20 vintage-style frets provides a classic performance that is unique to the Traditional series. The two-saddle vintage Precision Bass bridge, and the original pickups selected for the Traditional series, produce realistic, musical vintage tones. The narrowly designed nut width makes it easy for Japanese players to play. Solid guitar craftsmanship and flexible answers to player needs are reflected in this series.

I had an original Japanese 51RI that I gave to my son as a birthday present years ago. I always missed it and couldn’t believe it when I walked into a music shop in Belfast a month ago and there was one in stock.

It was bought the next day.

I’ve been on holiday since I bought it so not much playing time yet. After a change of strings to TI flats it’ll have its first gig in two weeks time.

I’m thrilled to have a 51RI again. They’re just great basses.

Frank.

• Like 1