Why become a member? ×

Fender 1979 Precision Bass Natural & Maple Now Sold
£1394
Lancaster

ash

Another lovely old Fender for sale - this time a stock natural finish 1979 Precision with maple board and subtle flaming to the neck. This has been my spare bass for quite some time. It’s a real workhorse with some minor dings and cosmetic blemishes but no structural damage. There aren’t any issues with the neck other than minor dings and marks. Scratchplate serial sticker matches the one on the headstock. All the proper stickers and stamps on the body and neck. When I bought it had a cheap replacement pickup and newer Fender tuners and knobs. The thumb-rest is a later one it looks like something had been glued on and then removed at some point. See new pics. There is a glue/residue mark but this is mostly covered by the newer rest. I replaced the pickup with a Seymour Duncan Quarter pounder. Everything else is stock, pots, wiring, scratchplate and hardware. The bass is light for a late 70’s P at 4kgs. Balances well, sounds great and plays superbly. A proper vintage Precision. It comes with pickup and bridge cover though they look very new I was told they were original to the bass. It comes strung with D’Addarios and there isn’t much fret wear for a 40 plus year old bass. Truss rod works as it ought to. I have loads more pics if required.

You know the script selling because I’m downsizing, UK only sale, no trades, I can post if necessary however I’d prefer pickup  in person. 

8BAC0CE8-4BD0-4E2A-868F-1024B5EE2B2D.jpeg

Edited by ash
This is now sold pending pickup thanks Will
  • Like 8

• ash changed the title to Fender 1979 Precision Bass Natural & Maple Now Sold
  • gary mac locked this topic