Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Dean John Entwistle Hybrid Pro Bass
£600
Addlestone, Surrey

Hamster

20210912_172300.jpg20210912_172012.jpg20210912_172031.jpg20210912_171955.jpg20210912_172355.jpg20210912_172321.jpg20210912_172208.jpg

Very good condition - small paint repair/fault, which is smooth despite the appearance as per the pictures and a little light staining on the back of the neck where it's been resting on the case neck support.  I only noticed the paint when taking the photos for this add when the sun caught the paint at the right angle.

I bought the Dean fitted case for it which is included in the sale.  Lovely neck, plays like I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Active with EMG pickups, weight is 9lb 7oz, new TI Jazz roundwound strings.

Sale only, no swapsies/trades, and I'll take a sensible offer.  The courier charges to you will only be what I pay for fully insured delivery to your address.  Local pickup of course and I'll meet you within a sensible distance on M.25 J11 for those Service Station liaisons........

Here's the bumpf from Dean....

Full Description

EMG HZ Pickups

The Dean John Entwistle Hybrid Pro Bass comes equipped with two EMG HZ pickups situated in the neck and bridge position for a rock ready sound that players will love. These John Entwistle inspired pickups provide high-output power and low noise from their dual bar pole-pieces and overwound coils. The EMG HZ pickups are also known for their versatility, as players can achieve genres from heavy metal to rock n roll, to classic blues with ease.

Lightweight Alder Body

This John Entwistle guitar features an alder body which provides an incredibly balanced tone and the perfect dynamic range to suit most musical styles. The alder body is ideal for a variety of playing styles as its excellent sustain and resonance ensures each note is heard. Its bright, sizzling highs, rounded lows, and beefy midrange allow you to achieve the perfect sound for most situations.

About John Entwistle

Born in 1944, John Entwistle's names is as synonymous to the bass as Jimi Hendrix is to the guitar, with a career spanning over 40 years and being the bassist to one of rock 'n' roll’s most iconic bands, The Who. The English bass guitarist, singer, songwriter, and film and music producer started his life of music at the young age of 7, taking piano lessons before moving on to the trumpet, then the French horn. It was his second year at school when he met fellow Who guitarist Pete Townsend, and the two ended up forming a trad jazz band together. Not much time after, Entwistle went on to play the bass, mostly due to his large fingers and fondness of the low guitar tones of Duane Eddy, joining the band The Detours which went on to become The Who. Throughout his life, Entwistle's playing style has incorporated fingerstyle, plectrum, tapping, and harmonics, constantly changing techniques between and during songs to create a plethora of sounds. John Entwistle has been nicknamed ''the Ox'' and ''Thunderfingers'' due to the speed of his play, and was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 1990 alongside The Who.

Dean Guitars

Established in 1976 in Illinois by Dean Zelinsky, the Dean Guitar Company fast became the "go to" manufacturer for hard wearing distinctive guitars. Now synonymous with the rock and metal genres, Dean Guitars have always maintained their position at the forefront of guitar design and technological advancement in the manufacture of quality instruments designed specifically for louder players.

Specifications

Body & Bridge

• Body: Alder
  • Contour: Flat Top
  • Bridge: Dual Purpose Die Cast
  • Construction: Set-In
  • Finish: Black Satin

Neck & Fingerboard

• Neck: Maple
  • Profile: C
  • Scale Length: 34’’
  • Fingerboard: Ebony
  • Radius: 16’’
  • Frets: 22 Jumbo
  • Nut: PPS (Polyphenylene Sulphide)
  • Nut Width: 38mm

Electronics & Hardware

• Bridge Pickup: EMG HZ
  • Neck Pickup: EMG HZ
  • Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, 3-Band EQ
  • Preamp Type: Active
  • Tuners: Vintage-Style Bass Open Gear
  • Knobs: Dome
  • Hardware: Black
  • Strings: D’Addario EXL-165 (.045-.105)
  • Case Included: No - actually yes :) 

• Like 4

• Hamster changed the title to **Reduced** Dean John Entwistle Hybrid Pro Bass - **£400**
  • Hamster changed the title to **SOLD** Dean John Entwistle Hybrid Pro Bass
  • Hamster locked this topic