Why become a member? ×

SOLD ELSEWHERE Guild JS-2 Bass 1973 1973 Mahogany **Now £790
£850
Birmingham

Sarlscharisma

1973 Vintage Guild - JS II Electric Bass Guitar - Walnut Brown w/ Gig Bag.  I imported this from the USA about 6 months ago.

All Original!

The JS bass models were the direct descendent of the . like the Jetstar, it had a mahogany body, three-piece mahogany neck with rosewood fingerboard, 21 frets, Chesterfield and Guild inlays and Hagstrom bridge and Guild humbucker pickups. 

This bass is in very good condition and sounds fantastic.
Fast thin neck with a 30.5 inch scale.
Guild JS bass chronology 

Guild bass humbucker circa 1975 - The earliest models were fitted with Hagstrom humbuckers, but by 1971 or 72 these had been replaced by Guilds own pickups, as heralded in this 1971 

• 1967 Last Jetstar bass manufactured - model discontinued in 1969[1]
  • 1970 JS bass launched as the one-pickup JS bass I ($270) and the two-pickup JS bass II ($350) [2]. Finishes: Cherry, Sunburst or Black[3]
  • 1971 Hagstrom bisonic single-coil pickups replaced with Guild humbucker pickups
  • 1972 Long scale (JS bass I LS, JS bass II LS) stereo, and fretless models added to the range
  • 1973 Aswell as the existing finshes, natural and walnut are now available[4]
  • 1974 Optional carved top (advertised as natural models only, although maybe other finishes).
  • 1976 JS bass 1 withdrawn[5]
  • 1977 JS bass

I also have some Curtis Novak pickups for sale on BC that are a perfect match for this bass.  I did try these pickups but the bass isn't for me so returned it to stock.  

Will post at buyer's expense.

body.jpg

1454498294_frontbody.thumb.jpg.ec90e46a7d0cd27ead4167fbeb7505e8.jpg

body 3.jpg

body 4.jpg

body side.jpg

body side 2.jpg

body top.jpgfront body.jpg

controls.jpg

cover.jpg

elects.jpg

full front.jpg

full front 2.jpg

headstock.jpg

headstock back.jpg

neck view.jpg

rear.jpg

body 2.jpg

Edited by Sarlscharisma
add pictures
  • Like 15

• Sarlscharisma changed the title to SOLD ELSEWHERE Guild JS-2 Bass 1973 1973 Mahogany **Now £790
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic