Why become a member? ×

Knownone plays piano like this woman.

bubinga5

11 hours ago, ambient said:

previously she had Tony Grey on bass, and David Fiuczynski on guitar.

- I think she was at her best with that line up - I've never understood why she dropped it in favour of Jackson on bass, Simon Philips on drums and no guitarist.

'The Fuse' on guitar gave the band an element of spontaneity which I think the later line up lacked.  😏

Other opinions are available !

• Like 1

To me her best era is definitely with Simon Phillips and Anthony Jackson ! Period. :biggrin: 

I think I've listened to all her material with whoever.

Don't forget that she was Chick Corea's protégée and they recorded an excellent, but now hard to find, record with them both on piano, simply called Duet.

She also recorded a few albums with Stanley Clarke !

Listen to this live and don't underestimate Steve Smith on drums and Anthony Jackson in his certainly favourite style of music :

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hellzero said:

To me her best era is definitely with Simon Phillips and Anthony Jackson ! Period. :biggrin: 

Now this is where you are most certainly Rong™

🤪

While the Anthony Jackson group is no doubt incredibly skilful it's also a bit too straight-ahead, too almost ordinary. And to be fair her stuff with Big Stan was also just a touch square, Daddy-O.

However, Sonic Bloom had more of an edge, less of the cheese you often get in jazz. But then I much prefer Ronald Shannon Jackson to Stan Getz!

• Like 1