Why become a member? ×

Bass A Bit Dull? Transform It for £20

stewblack

Bought a cheap phaser. Nearly. The eBay shop sent an entirely different pedal which I kept in exchange for them sending me a fiver back.

Its one of these

61KPNu61vSL._AC_SX679_.thumb.jpg.ca21fa047b9a37e3d89e03c05f6629bc.jpg

and I was shocked by how well it turned my pretty, but bland, Cort bass into an active beast. The drive control also adds as good a low gain break up as I've ever heard.

Cheapest way I know to transform your bass without tools.

• Like 6

Is it touch sensitive? By that I mean if you set it so, can you have a basically clean sound that overdrives when you dig in, without compressing too much?

Alternatively, if you use it as an effect for occasional kick on, does it go nuts with the volume to get the effect or keep it sensible? Not many do that.

Edited by Downunderwonder

12 hours ago, Downunderwonder said:

Is it touch sensitive? By that I mean if you set it so, can you have a basically clean sound that overdrives when you dig in, without compressing too much?

Alternatively, if you use it as an effect for occasional kick on, does it go nuts with the volume to get the effect or keep it sensible? Not many do that.

Yeah that would be good to know, although I've just ordered one, can't really go wrong for 20 quid!