Why become a member? ×

1979 Ibanez MC900 NT Blame it on the boogie (slap)

greyparrot

Well my word I was not expecting that from this bass, took it out of the bag after about 10 years, it has one of the best slap sounds I have heard strait out of a bass for a long time. It has a very complex system for a 41 year old. I had to sort it out a bit, but it needs more work (jack) I felt like playing drums as well. 

• Like 2

Some basses naturally slap better than others (with the right strings) - and that Ibanez is definitely a good old slapper!

I don't play slap very often and only one of my basses (reasonable collection) slap naturally, so it must be very satisfying to take it out of the bag after so many years and get the 'feel' like that.

Good looking bass too!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, philparker said:

Some basses naturally slap better than others (with the right strings) - and that Ibanez is definitely a good old slapper!

I don't play slap very often and only one of my basses (reasonable collection) slap naturally, so it must be very satisfying to take it out of the bag after so many years and get the 'feel' like that.

Good looking bass too!

yes i agree, and like you i don't slap much anymore, but i just thumbed it and thought cool...so i did this, was going to do a police video with it..I might still sell it, not sure yet..