Why become a member? ×

Struggling to find songs with nice fills and runs

cgull

Hi all, Ive worked through hundreds of songs  and Im struggling to find a resource for nice fills that I can learn.

I've found a few little gems scattered in AC/DCs back catalog.  Rush has a lot of variations and a few runs to glean.  I found simple but nice fills in Big Country stuff.  I found a few Flea fills.

Can anyone suggest some songs or bands that are rich in fills.  Im thinking more in a 60s/70s/80s/90s rock/reggae/blues/pop context.

Also Ive occasionally seen a fill run that spreads without pause across multiple chord changes in the last few bars of a song section that are quite fantastic, but I couldnt remember or name one off the top of my head - next time I spot one I need to make a note of it.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why, but the first one that came to mind is the solo part of "Are you gonna go my way" from Lenny Kravitz. During the guitar solo, the bass keeps the groove and foundation but still adds some nice and tasty variations that are really fun to play. You mention Flea, the bass part of "you Oughta know" is pretty varied as well with a lot of nice fills.

Cheers!

• Thanks 1