Why become a member? ×

But are you actually talented and serious about music 😅 (bad adverts thread)

Fishfacefour

15 hours ago, Lozz196 said:

It would be interesting to actually hear the guy in the ad in the first post. If he is any good then I think his ad is pretty decent. 

Remember: the first rule of Dunning-Kruger Club is you don't know you're in Dunning-Kruger Club.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tegs07 said:

I can’t think of a singer-guitarist that isn’t a bit of a narcissist though.

To an extent, you have to be to get up and front a band, especially performing stuff you've written yourself. Plenty of people who have become very famous are more than just a "bit of a narcissist".

It can be an asset, as well as making them a little difficult to get along with. Being able to work with them depends on whether they have sufficient self-awareness and social skills to know when to give it free reign and when to tone it down.

5 minutes ago, Dan Dare said:

To an extent, you have to be to get up and front a band, especially performing stuff you've written yourself. Plenty of people who have become very famous are more than just a "bit of a narcissist".

It can be an asset, as well as making them a little difficult to get along with. Being able to work with them depends on whether they have sufficient self-awareness and social skills to know when to give it free reign and when to tone it down.

Totally agree with this. It wasn’t a criticism. I would also say most really driven people from CEO’s to endurance athletes and mountaineers can be pretty difficult people to live with and don’t always come across well.