Why become a member? ×

But are you actually talented and serious about music 😅 (bad adverts thread)

Fishfacefour

Following on from the band forming hassles thread i thought we could share some of the horror adverts that appear on join my band and other sites.

Prompted by this one I saw 

https://www.joinmyband.co.uk/classifieds/but-are-you-actually-talented-and-serious-about-music-t1294797.html

This is the second time he's posted and it raises so many questions and red flags.

(Not sure if this thread is bad karma so mods feel free to delete if it inappropriate.)

3 minutes ago, Fishfacefour said:

Following on from the band forming hassles thread i thought we could share some of the horror adverts that appear on join my band and other sites.

Prompted by this one I saw 

https://www.joinmyband.co.uk/classifieds/but-are-you-actually-talented-and-serious-about-music-t1294797.html

This is the second time he's posted and it raises so many questions and red flags.

(Not sure if this thread is bad karma so mods feel free to delete if it inappropriate.)

Oh somebody please contact him and ask for the demos. I'm dying to know if he's as good as he thinks he is. 

• Like 1

He may be too forthright for some, and sounds like he could be a little pretentious in the flesh. But, I remember ads from Melody Maker in the 70s, when pretentiousness was the name of the game. Consequently, I don't find this ad to be too bad!😃

At least he didn't stipulate, "No Ties"👔:crazy:

• Like 1

We had a "guitarist, singer, songwriter" advertise locally for a bassist, stating that they must be vegan, and mysoginists need not apply. 

Can't eat meat or degrade women. What's the point in being in a band? I'm out! 

I was actually on a vegan kick at the time, and I don't consider myself particularly mysoginistic. But the guy sounded like such a Sir Richard Head III you couldn't have paid me enough to be in a band with him. 

Edited by Newfoundfreedom

I must stress that I am a very good and very dedicated musician and so there is no point in contacting me unless you are too and feel similar to me. There's quite a few posers and wannabes on this website and I don't have time for people like that anymore.

It's his modesty that's holding him back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Judo Chop said:

https://www.joinmyband.co.uk/classifieds/bass-player-wanted-and-others-t1294946.html

This guy has been posting the same advert for years

Yeah, the same ad for years.  I always thought if he was as amazing as he makes out he would have been snapped up years ago.  He's posted 346 ads so far!

• Haha 1

Just now, inthedoghouse said:

Yeah, the same ad for years.  I always thought if he was as amazing as he makes out he would have been snapped up years ago.  He's posted 346 ads so far!

I'm imagining James Brown levels of perfection demanded from the poor sods that give it a go, or he's just a bit of an A1 pain in the derrière to work with