Why become a member? ×

First Gig in 18 months!

andy67

Went to Bannermans rock bar in Edinburgh tonight to see a band called Blackwater Conspiracy who were supported by ‘These Wicked Rivers’.

Both bands were tremendous and I’d recommend going to see them. In Glasgow Cathouse tomorrow and Trillions in Newcastle on Sunday.

Are gig audiences observing any precautions at all against you-know-what these days? I’ve got a ticket for Nubiyan Twist in a couple of weeks, which would be my first gig in at least 18 months, but if it’s going to be a room packed full of maskless shouting happy-go-lucky youngsters I can’t say I feel all that keen on going. 

2 hours ago, nekomatic said:

Are gig audiences observing any precautions at all against you-know-what these days? 

I can only speak from my recent experience in the north midlands. My covers band have been doing pub and party gigs in the last month or so and generally, people are behaving as if nothing ever happened. Across all age groups and specially where alcohol is consumed. We’ve got a pub gig tomorrow night and a good friend of mine wants to  come. She’s got an underlying health condition and is consequently cautious so I’ve had to tell her that no one is likely to wear a mask or observe social distancing. I know she’d hate that, so I’ve been in the sad position of advising a fan not to come to one of our gigs.

I can only stress that is my local experience of pub gigs - but if it’s anything like this in your area you’ll have to be pretty risk-tolerant to either play at, or attend, pub gigs at the moment.

• Like 1

I went to a classic rock gig at The Stables, Milton Keynes on Thursday. A full house sold out concert of older adults. No proper ventilation and extremely warm. I would say less than one in thirty wore face masks and 95% of attendees were dancing by the end. Sweat and God knows what being sprayed around. Not a comfortable feeling although both my wife and I are fine since then.