Why become a member? ×

I purchased this pickup from Mark at Limelight (Classic & Cool Guitars) about a few weeks ago.

There is a lot of information about Limelight Basses on this forum, and they have an excellent reputation. They make their pickups, and these come stock on Precision Bass guitars they make. These have Alnico 5 magnets, and they are quite vintage in tone.

Even though they look very modest, a lot of people on this forum rave about their sound. I think they sound great, definitely vintage with a slightly higher output (not overwound, though). I would describe them as full, clean, and very punchy. These Limelight pickups have a lot of bark with rounds and are great with flats as well.

I have installed them on a bass with a solderless harness, so they have never been soldered on. For the sake of transparency, both wires are a bit short, but this is the way they came from Limelight. You can still install them on a P-type bass, no problem.

I have bought them for a project, but I am no longer doing the project bass, so these can go to a happy home.

Thanks for looking!

IMG_2140.jpg

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2142.jpg

IMG_2143.jpg

Edited by realmasslove
  • Like 2

• realmasslove changed the title to Limelight Precision Bass Pickup £45 Posted
  • realmasslove changed the title to Limelight Precision Bass Pickup £40 Posted