Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Boxer Jazz Bass Precision Special (2021), Red Japan
£825
Bristolish

Pinball

This is my wickedly good boxer bass, that I'm looking to sell to help fund future recordings.

It was a recent purchase from Bass Direct that hasn't left the house since it's purchase.

It is in imaculate, comes with a fender soft case and plays like a dream IMHO.

Trades? Poissibly a cheaper Precision + cash but cash preferred.

Bass info and stats:

Best of both worlds

Precision Bass x Jazz Bass. The Fender Boxer PJ Bass combines Fender's most iconic bass designs into a single tonal monster. The 3-way pickup switch allows you to instantly switch between any combination giving you the tones of both, whilst simultaneously offering the ability to combine them for a raucous new tone. The 34'' scale length with 20 jumbo frets gives you unparalleled sustain and ensures a rich and rounded tone. The 12'' radius of the fretboard makes fretting remarkably easy and means even fiddly parts become easier to play. The PJ Boxer really is an amalgamation of the ebst qualities of both the Jazz and Precision Basses.

Boom AND Bark

The age old debate of Precision Bass pickups vs Jazz Bass pickups still rumbles on, why choose a side when you could get both on the same bass? 'P' pickups have a generally more rounded high-mid and treble range, while J pups have a sharper tonal response. Having both of these differing tonal palettes available on a single bass gives you a remarkable level of versatility to utilise. Use the punch of the P pickup to easily cut through even the densest mix, alternatively, get more articulate attack and razor sharpness from the J pickup. For modern bassists, versatility is often key and the Boxer PJ has it in abundance, there will be no tone you can't access with this intuitive pickup combination.

MIJ-quality

Japanese-made Fenders have always carried a mythical reputation. Due to their comparative rarity and consistently flawless build quality, they've always been held in incredibly high regard. The Boxer PJ proves that legacy is well-earned. Coloured headstocks can often be a giveaway and the black gloss polyester finish here lend a deluxe, top-end aesthetic to the instrument. The choice of rosewood as the fretboard material acts similarly, a tougher wood fits perfectly with this design as it adds sustain and resonance for superior performance. With an 'MIJ tag, you are assured quality craftsmanship.

Specifications

•Model Name: Boxer Series PJ Bass®, Rosewood Fingerboard, Torino Red

•Model #: 0251760358

•Weight; 8lb 12oz/4kg

•Series: Boxer

•Country Of Origin: Japan

•Colour: Torino Red

•Body: Basswood

•Body Finish: Gloss Polyester

•Body Shape: Precision Bass®

•Neck Material: Maple

•Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Polyester Headstock

•Neck Shape: Medium "C"

•Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)

•Fingerboard: Rosewood

•Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)

•Number of Frets: 20

•Frets Size: Jumbo

•String Nut: Bone

•Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)

•Position Inlays: White Dot

•Bridge Pickup: Boxer Jazz Bass®

•Middle Pickup: Boxer Precision Bass®

•Controls: Volume 1 (Middle Pickup), Volume 2 (Bridge Pickup), Master TBX™ Circuit (Treble Bass Expander)

•Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickups, Position 3. Middle Pickup

•Pickup Configuration: PJ

•Bridge: 4-Saddle Standard

•Hardware Finish: Black

•Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Vintage Style

•Control Knobs: Black Plastic

•Strings: Fender USA 250L Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges), PN 0730250403

•Dimensions: 10.8 x 43.2 x 125.7 cm

Edited by Pinball
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, dub_junkie said:

Just watched the video for this. Very cool looking and sounding P/J.

Thanks, The bass really sings. I was just enjoying playing along to some backing when you posted and and am getting really attached to it. It is really versitile and that Jazz pup is so "spanky".

I'm a big G&L fan and love the look of your CLF. Love the sound of those MFD's.

Thanks, the L-1000 is a really sweet bass just need something I’m going to use it for. Maybe if I’m successful with auditions for the Elvis tribute act I’ve applied for, I can maybe use it with that (thinking Jerry Scheff..)  

Ye seen your G&Ls as well as your SR5 and Dimension you had up till recently. Pretty much the same things I like! 

• Like 1

• Pinball changed the title to As New! Fender Boxer Jazz Bass Precision Special (2021), Red Japan
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Pinball changed the title to SOLD Fender Boxer Jazz Bass Precision Special (2021), Red Japan
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic