Why become a member? ×

Fender 1977 US Mustang Bass Maple Sold pending
£1275
Lancaster

ash

A beautiful original US 1977 Fender Mustang bass with maple fingerboard and stock natural finish. Great condition, functions and plays superbly with a punchy sound. It’s strung with Roto medium scale strings. At some point in its life it has been strung as a lefty as there are filled areas for strap buttons and some side position markers which have also been filled. These do not get in the way when playing. Truss rod works fine as do the electrics.  It’s a great vintage bass for those with back or shoulder issues as it weighs a mere 3.3kgs! Very comfortable to play and has a nice clean look to it. There is no thumbrest as this must have got in the way of the lefty’s pick technique :) It has the matching serial number sticker under the scratchplate, pots and wiring appear stock to me and the grounding plate is still in the control cavity. 

A rare opportunity to get your hands on a Fender short scale vintage classic. The Mustang actually uses medium scale strings as it is through body strung. Sorry no trades and no sales outside the U.K. I’m selling lots of stuff I don’t use owing to a house move (although most of the vintage Vox/Jennings gear is staying). It comes with a contemporary non-Fender case. Postage can be arranged but pickup definitely preferred. 

Edited by ash
Sold pending
  • Like 14

• ash changed the title to Fender 1977 US Mustang Bass Maple Sold pending
  • Silvia Bluejay locked this topic