Why become a member? ×

T.M. STEVENS - Heavy & Funk Bass Techniques [1994] - NEW 2021 BEST QUALITY UPLOAD

Bart Funk Bass

Saw him at Bass Day UK in Manchester in 2008. Some fantastic tales, particularly his time with James Brown.

He was supposed to have been using a laptop for his session, which he wasn't over impressed with, but the day before he was at the Guitar Show in Birmingham with Swans in Flight, so he brought them to Manchester.

After his session he wandered around the trade area and was so approachable and encouraging. Really sad about his dementia.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BassBunny said:

Saw him at Bass Day UK in Manchester in 2008. Some fantastic tales, particularly his time with James Brown.

He was supposed to have been using a laptop for his session, which he wasn't over impressed with, but the day before he was at the Guitar Show in Birmingham with Swans in Flight, so he brought them to Manchester.

After his session he wandered around the trade area and was so approachable and encouraging. Really sad about his dementia.

WTF is with the guitarist at 5'10"? 

18 hours ago, Lord Sausage said:

First heard him with Vai. TM Stevens and Bozzio as a rhythm section. I was 14 and had just started playing. That's what I thought a rhythm section had to be like😆

That’s the first time I’d heard the name- Devin Townsend on vocals too; what a band!!

Turns out I’d already been listening to him for years due to his work with James Brown.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ern500evo said:

He was fantastic when he appeared at the London Bass Guitar Show. A really funny and friendly guy, with an impeccable groove. Wandered around the trade area after, chatting to everyone. So sad about his dementia 

watching these videos he just seems like such a huge personality. Dementia is so cruel.