Why become a member? ×

Sorted

Clarky

Hi @Clarky - just wondered exactly what sort of bass you're after?
Stick type EUB's are obviously the more portable option (From the point of view of their compact size / shape)
If you want something with a shaped acoustic body (or even a solid DB-shaped body) then you're adding size / dimensions into the equation.

There's an Azola Bugbass for sale on here, which is more compact than a Baby bass - but it's over your upper price limit.
Again, the Eminence Upright has a small shaped body and really nice acoustic chamber (and sounds great) but again, it's out of your price range....

Stick basses can be a good option IMHO- they're compact & portable (often, but not always lightweight). Some can produce a more "natural" DB-like tone, but it's never quite the same as an acoustic DB.
So I just wondered whether it was something a bit like the Azola, or an Eminence you were after? I've seen a BSX EUB for sale second-hand lately... but again, it's above your upper limit.

I'm glad someone bought that Cetus EUB that was on here recently - that looked so cool! :) And I heard some nice stuff recorded on YouTube with one too.
I recently sold my NS Design CR4, and I think one of the older NS WAV's might suit you - cracking basses.

Good luck with your search, and don't forget to let us know how you get on - I'm intrigued as to what you go for now..... c'mon, c'mon man - make your mind up! lol ;) 

EDIT: NS do an "Omni bass" which is smaller than 3/4 and looks good. Again, it will be pricey though....

Edited by Marc S

9 hours ago, Marc S said:

Hi @Clarky - just wondered exactly what sort of bass you're after?
Stick type EUB's are obviously the more portable option (From the point of view of their compact size / shape)
If you want something with a shaped acoustic body (or even a solid DB-shaped body) then you're adding size / dimensions into the equation.

There's an Azola Bugbass for sale on here, which is more compact than a Baby bass - but it's over your upper price limit.
Again, the Eminence Upright has a small shaped body and really nice acoustic chamber (and sounds great) but again, it's out of your price range....

Stick basses can be a good option IMHO- they're compact & portable (often, but not always lightweight). Some can produce a more "natural" DB-like tone, but it's never quite the same as an acoustic DB.
So I just wondered whether it was something a bit like the Azola, or an Eminence you were after? I've seen a BSX EUB for sale second-hand lately... but again, it's above your upper limit.

I'm glad someone bought that Cetus EUB that was on here recently - that looked so cool! :) And I heard some nice stuff recorded on YouTube with one too.
I recently sold my NS Design CR4, and I think one of the older NS WAV's might suit you - cracking basses.

Good luck with your search, and don't forget to let us know how you get on - I'm intrigued as to what you go for now..... c'mon, c'mon man - make your mind up! lol ;) 

EDIT: NS do an "Omni bass" which is smaller than 3/4 and looks good. Again, it will be pricey though....

Hi Marc, ideally I was after a downsized KK Baby Bass (like the one Creeper sold recently ... but in a more traditional brown colour) however there don't seem to be any around.

The Azola looks like it would be very portable and high quality but is a bit pricey (and its in Ireland which I presume you have to add 20% VAT/import duty on top). An Eminence would be amazing (I once toured Portugal with one) but I cannot think there would be one anywhere near my budget

Thinking hard about alexpea's beautiful Traditional KK Baby Bass although it is less portable than ideally I was after. I do know KK are great quality and I used to own an original (smelly) Ampeg BB.

I did see the KK 5er for sale but I have no idea what the 5th string is for, lol!

Edited by Clarky

• Clarky changed the title to Sorted