Why become a member? ×

Fender American Std P (2012-2016) Colour options?

Deedee

The Pro I pickup seems to divide opinion! I have them on my 5 and really like them, nice and bright with the tone up, but easily tamed with the tone pot. 

I picked up a Pro 1 in black/maple. I really wanted that bright blue, but ended up with this one as it was the lightest I could find. The build and necks are superb!

• Thanks 1

I'm a big fan of the 2012-2016 range of American Standard Precisions and Jazzes. For me Fender just got it right with these basses. I'd go as far as to say that in my opinion these will become sought after and held in similar esteem to the JV's. Olympic white and maple is my preferred colour scheme.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mr zed said:

I'm a big fan of the 2012-2016 range of American Standard Precisions and Jazzes. For me Fender just got it right with these basses. I'd go as far as to say that in my opinion these will become sought after and held in similar esteem to the JV's. Olympic white and maple is my preferred colour scheme.

Agree, this range for me is the best, the only ones where I wouldn’t change anything. The 2008-12s were good too, but the pickups were their (only) weak spot imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lozz196 said:

Agree, this range for me is the best, the only ones where I wouldn’t change anything. The 2008-12s were good too, but the pickups were their (only) weak spot imo. 

Yep - Fender really upped their game in 2008 and the 2008-2012 instruments were almost there. The addition of the CS pups in the 2012-2016 range was the final piece of the jigsaw.

• Like 1