Why become a member? ×

Ampeg 115 cab difference

Reggaebass

I’ve just got an ampeg V4-B amp and I’d like to pair it with an ampeg 115 cab, the 3 main ones I think are 

PF 115 LF

PF 115 HE

SVT 15 E

but I believe there’s others, I’m using my Markbass  ny 115 at the moment which I like , but I fancy trying an ampeg to match,   what’s the differences and will I still get nice deep lows for reggae and dub 🙂

I had the PF115LF cab and loved it but it’s very big and heavy for what is a single cab 

They do have a ton of depth to the sound but again maybe too much low end for some.

Hated the tolex covering as it’s very smooth so amp slides off it ( get a rubber mat )

If weight isn’t an issue or space then they are well priced cabs and two would make a huge rig 

20 minutes ago, BassAdder27 said:

maybe too much low end for some.

Hated the tolex covering as it’s very smooth so amp slides off it ( get a rubber mat )

Thanks BA, I nearly bought your one, too much low end isn’t possible for me 😁, I’m edging towards the one you had , I’ve emailed ampeg for recommendations 

If you really want a 15. Can’t go wrong with a Barefaced Compact. Pick them up for around £250-£300 s/h. They are light and very loud. I A/B’d a friends one against my old Super Compact and personally preferred the sound of the Compact. It was also noticeably louder than the SC. 

• Thanks 1