Why become a member? ×

EHX Tri Parallel Mixer Vs other solutions

soldersqueeze

I'm looking to get a pedal to allow me to experiment with parallel mixing, and I was wondering if anyone has any words of advice.

Considering cost, functionality and availability the EHX looks a no brainer, especially considering this is for an experiment and unlikely to be squished into a pedalboard any time soon. 

Before I pull the trigger I'm curious to hear anyone's experience with the ehx, boss ls-2, VFE Klein bottle or any of the wounded paw offerings. 

Hopefully this isn't a completely redundant question, I searched the site but couldn't find much written about the tri-parallel mixer...

Thanks in advance

Boss LS-2 is great if phase isn’t an issue. Especially good for balancing and/or volumes between clean and wet signals.

Barge Concepts VP-jr is a great one if you can find used - usually has a phase switch on the side. 

Best for both for me was the fx  loop in the Bassswitch. Had everything - phase, blend and volume boost.

Ah, just read the opening post. Yes it's a no brainer. I recommend the TPM and an LS2 for  those smaller spaced boards.

The TPM takes up a bit of room not just because of its size but the cabling necessary (8 in total) but the controls are excellent, and blending different effects provides endless hours of fun.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SumOne said:

Another option: I like the EHX Switchblade Pro for 2x loops parallel /series and order switching + clean blend. 

I was looking at this, for me it came down to series/parallel switch of the switchblade pro Vs the third loop of the TPM, which I think edges it out.

3 hours ago, stewblack said:

The TPM takes up a bit of room not just because of its size but the cabling necessary (8 in total) but the controls are excellent, and blending different effects provides endless hours of fun.

That's probably all the endorsement I need, I can live with a desk full of cables for a bit while I find out what I like, and the TPM looks to be plenty flexible.

Thanks to all, maybe I'll update with a few fun examples of the pedal in use when I sink my teeth into it

• Like 1

I bought the EHX tri parallel the other month for the same reason, to experiment with different setups. I like it so much it's made its way onto my pedal board. I'm using one channel to blend in some pork & pickle to thicken up my sound, another for the mono synth, and the third for octave & filter effects. For me, some effects work better in parallel, so this setup works a treat.

Have fun experimenting!

• Like 1