Why become a member? ×

Fender CiJ Precision £475 ***SOLD***
£475
St Helens

bigthumb

Due to new band and musical direction I no longer need my Precision and hate seeing it gather dust.

Now as you can see from the pictures it's not exactly mint but it is the coolest looking Precision I've owned. If you like battered old Fenders you'll probably like this. The off white colour is more yellow now and the dark tort scratch plate (Fender 60's) IMO looks great against it. I replaced the 70's style tuners with the reverse winding 60's type. I think they came off a MiM 60's Jazz, they look so much better to me. I did however snap the head off one of the screws on the D tuner, it hasn't made the slightest bit of difference and is rock solid. The pickups have been replaced with Fender American Vintage and KiOgon loom and pots fitted. A previous owner  for some reason has hacked the pickup cavity out to, I guess, accommodate a different pickup. The new pickups still sit fine and adjust with no problems. the weight is 9Lbs. 

The bass sounds great with the Labella Flatwounds fitted and was my goto bass for the time I owned it. 

The price reflects the condition and the 'modification' to the pickup cavity plus I've spent quite a bit on it what with the pups, loom, tuners and scratch plate but it was all very much worth it. I believe it's a fair price for a cracking bass. 

I'll be sorry to see it go as it is my ideal Precision and 'my' bass but I'll never use it and the cash will come in useful for other projects. 

There is no case for it so its for collection/meet only. I'll throw in a gig bag if required. 

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1518 copy.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg