Why become a member? ×

Demon FX D7K

Rubbersoul

Naturally it’s going to happen now Darkglass are this size.  I don’t think the same people buying these are also people prepared to buy them from Darkglass new so it’s not really harming them.

I take it this one is a very stripped down copy of an Ultra and doesn’t have the IRs/headphone amp etc, more like a B7K in an ultra sized box?  It’s still very cheap and if it sounds good then I don’t blame people for buying it, but it doesn’t replace the real thing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kev said:

Naturally it’s going to happen now Darkglass are this size.  I don’t think the same people buying these are also people prepared to buy them from Darkglass new so it’s not really harming them.

I take it this one is a very stripped down copy of an Ultra and doesn’t have the IRs/headphone amp etc, more like a B7K in an ultra sized box?  It’s still very cheap and if it sounds good then I don’t blame people for buying it, but it doesn’t replace the real thing.

Would be interesting to hear them side by side 

3 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

Probably be flogging mine as I've no need for it, just wanted to test it outta curiosity.

I’m completely in two minds about it tbh. I think I know deep down that if I bought a clone, I’d always be wondering how the real thing would sound. On the other hand, for the £200 I’ve been offered the Ultra for, I could buy a clone, and the Darkglass Tone capsule I’ve had my eye on for my Warwick bass 

2 minutes ago, ern500evo said:

I’m completely in two minds about it tbh. I think I know deep down that if I bought a clone, I’d always be wondering how the real thing would sound. On the other hand, for the £200 I’ve been offered the Ultra for, I could buy a clone, and the Darkglass Tone capsule I’ve had my eye on for my Warwick bass 

Is it a V1 or V2? Great price if the latter, and it’ll hold its value well.

• 4 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

And now the super symmetryhttp://www.demon-fx.com/index.php?c=show&id=49

They gonna rip off the complete line? One copy is naughty.... But this 🙀

It's very difficult for a small company, even if they sell globally, to chase down rip offs like this.

Really crappy thing for them to do.

• 5 weeks later...

If a company doesn’t make a pedal anymore (Super Symmetry) and another clones it. I can’t see how that loses the original company money. 
I sold my super symmetry when I was broke and regret it but can’t find one at a decent price anywhere so I’m excited for the clone TBH

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Oddly enough (out of curiosity again) I've got the Alpha to compare... I tried the B7k and B7ku clones to compare to the originals and they seemed quite off with Eq points and drive

But! This Alpha seems spot on in comparison ,silent switching and quality feels good.

If the originals are out of price range for folks I'd highly recommend these single smaller versions.

Maybe give it a cheeky spay paint 😉

Edited by danbowskill
  • Like 1