Why become a member? ×

Demon FX D7K

Rubbersoul

Say I am a novice with no gear other than a bass and a small amp, and little to no knowledge of what types of pedals and pairings I should be using. Should I get any other pedals from DemonFX to pair up with this D7K?

Maybe the CK COMPRESSOR?

Maybe an overdrive too?

Edited by NewUser
edit

13 hours ago, NewUser said:

I want to be able to do some distorted wah type stuff like the WWE Brood theme.

I'd say the Bass on that is fairly clean - the distorted wah type sound is from the guitars. You could do something similar with a Bass though, probably needs distortion + Wah and perhaps an digital Octaver pedal that does an octave up.  A multi-FX like the Zoom B1-4X  is probably a good starting point to get a feel for what each effect does before buying individual specific pedals.

• Like 1

Ive just ordered one out of curiosity, it wont replace any of my Darkglass pedals but will be intresting to AB against them....even if it doesnt have the DG sound it Might make a nice on/off drive with all the options 🤷‍♂️.

Edited by danbowskill
  • Like 3

Got it for £73 all in all (not in 2nd hand ultra bracket)   might be utter chaff or it might be surprising 🤷‍♂️.

I think that the majority who could afford the darkglass equivalent new or  2nd hand would buy Darkglass(excellent quality as well as sound).... But as wrong as this is, if its any cop it might give those who cant afford it a tase of the just Hype.

We will see if its crap or passable when i can Ab it? .

I know its wrong but i dont think dougs sales will be affected .

Edited by danbowskill
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

Got it for £73 all in all (not in 2nd hand ultra bracket)   might be utter chaff or it might be surprising 🤷‍♂️.

I think that the majority who could afford the darkglass equivalent new or  2nd hand would buy Darkglass(excellent quality as well as sound).... But as wrong as this is, if its any cop it might give those who cant afford it a tase of the just Hype.

We will see if its crap or passable when i can Ab it? .

I know its wrong but i dont think dougs sales will be eeffected.

Even after import costs?  Assumed with the handling fee it would hit £100, but yeah in that case it is mighty cheap....if its any good.  Certainly right in saying it wont effect Darkglass sales.  Be interested to hear an AB, but also a comparison in quality of the build/switches/pots.

6 minutes ago, danbowskill said:

I know its wrong but i dont think dougs sales will be affected .

If it's a decent, accurate clone, his sales definitely will be.

Tbf new DG kit is premium priced, no question.

The question is then which of us have had a problem buying either Mooer or Behringer clones? Or a Sandberg clone of a Fender body design or a Warwick clone of Spector etc? At least these guys are being open and honest that their product is a rip-off rather than pretending that it's not.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Al Krow said:

If it's a decent, accurate clone, his sales definitely will be.

Tbf new DG kit is premium priced, no question.

The question is then which of us have had a problem buying either Mooer or Behringer clones? Or a Sandberg clone of a Fender body design or a Warwick clone of Spector etc? At least these guys are being open and honest that their product is a rip-off rather than pretending that it's not.

Fair point

• 2 weeks later...

First impressions are that it sounds excellent, ive never had the ultra... Ive only got the B7k and B3k to compare it to so dont know if its supposed to be slightly different sounding 🤷‍♂️ i know the mid EQ points aren't matched with the ultra and B7k anyways.

This pedal definitely has a similar sound but is a bit different ... More smoother ssounding distortion (less high focus)  Its not exactly like my B7k but overal decent for the price.

I think i prefer my B7k, but if it broke this would make the grade as a replacement 👍

Edited by danbowskill
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, danbowskill said:

First impressions are that it sounds excellent, ive never had the ultra... Ive only got the B7k and B3k to compare it to so dont know if its supposed to be slightly different sounding 🤷‍♂️ i know the mid EQ points aren't matched with the ultra and B7k anyways.

This pedal definitely has a similar sound but is a bit different ... More smoother ssounding distortion (less high focus)  Its not exactly like my B7k but overal decent for the price.

I think i prefer my B7k, but if it broke this would make the grade as a replacement 👍

Nice! Next time I’ve got some spare cash I might just take a punt on it.

Edited by Rubbersoul