Why become a member? ×

Encore Musicians

scalpy

Anybody here use this agency for bookings? We’ve signed up and applied for tons of enquires but are getting no takings. Our promo material is on a par with other acts on there and we have good word of mouth reputation. I would interested if you are successful with them and how you achieve that. 

Harry

• Like 1

I had a profile on there for a long time.

It Kept becoming inactive for some reason, perhaps because I didn't get anyone contacting me through it, perhaps because I didn't log in enough.

I play a niche instrument in an even more niche genre so wasn't expecting it to generate any solo bookings, but was intrigued about the session work capabilities.

I've run a few test searches for all sorts of players or groups etc over the years and I don't think the site is really that active.

Happy to be proved wrong 😃

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Woodwind said:

I had a profile on there for a long time.

It Kept becoming inactive for some reason, perhaps because I didn't get anyone contacting me through it, perhaps because I didn't log in enough.

I play a niche instrument in an even more niche genre so wasn't expecting it to generate any solo bookings, but was intrigued about the session work capabilities.

I've run a few test searches for all sorts of players or groups etc over the years and I don't think the site is really that active.

Happy to be proved wrong 😃

Thank you, we get loads of emails saying a band of our description is being looked for and we apply but no takers. We’re not that bad!

• Like 1

I've just done another search now for a band for an imaginary wedding. I'm not logged in and it seems like you have to create an account before it will show you the bands.

As a punter this would put me off, although I understand why they would implement this.

Looking forward to hearing others experiences

Edited by Woodwind
  • Like 1