Why become a member? ×

ABBA are back!!!!!. New album and ‘gig’

dave_bass5

• dave_bass5 changed the title to ABBA are back!!!!!. New album and ‘gig’
3 minutes ago, steantval said:

Not a personal dig at you Dave, it’s just how I feel about comebacks after many decades of a band I never liked the first time around.

Haha, no, i didnt take it as a dig at all, i was just being sarcastic. Thought your post was quite funny. 

At least they realise they have all aged and wont be just making the best they can, unlike a lot of bands who should really not be touring anymore. 

Edited by dave_bass5
  • Like 1

I'm actually excited about it, remember watching them win the Eurovision song contest and I've been a fan since

They were always quality and I hope the new stuff is too, they have resisted enormous financial temptation to re-unite, so I'm sure they are doing it for the right reasons, andwouldn't release it if it wasn't up to their standard

• Like 4

I imagine they actually have more money than they know what to do with. 😉

Along with Genesis and Yes, probably my favourite band. Will I buy the album? Probably. Will I go to the “gigs”? If I can get a ticket - that’s a big if - also probably. I can’t imagine what it will be like though, with motion captured digital versions of them. 

4 minutes ago, Reggaebass said:

It’s not really my kinda music but I don’t mind a few songs, some of their Basslines are superb 

Yeah. Never been a fan as a such, never sat and listened to any of thier albums, but have enjoyed playing some of the songs over the years. Very well thought out arrangements. 

Doubt ill give the new album too much time, but i will give it a listen on Apple Music if its there. 

Not a bad look now i guess.

191FDFA4-3D21-47EA-A1BA-7A43FC00A139.jpeg.7744cf1abf69bb364ad33b60a8c1bb75.jpeg

• Like 3

They were one of those bands that I hated at the time, although I fancied the blonde bird something rotten, but later realised that I knew every song and loved them. As Reggaebass said some of the bass lines were incredible.

Boney M fall into this category too

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ubit said:

They were one of those bands that I hated at the time, although I fancied the blonde bird something rotten, but later realised that I knew every song and loved them. As Reggaebass said some of the bass lines were incredible.

Boney M fall into this category too

Yeah. When i was in my teens/at school it just wasnt cool to like ABBA, but we all liked to look at the photos of certain members 😎.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dave_bass5 said:

Yeah. When i was in my teens/at school it just wasnt cool to like ABBA, but we all liked to look at the photos of certain members 😎.

They were cool when I was at school, when they first started. I remember watching them winning Eurovision and thinking they were brilliant. Maybe that ages me.😂 

Even when they became uncool later on I still loved them and was quite happy to say so. I never really gave a stinky poo whether something was considered cool or not, I always thought that was the worst possible reason to like something, because more often than not it’s based on someone else’s opinion.  

• Like 2