Why become a member? ×

Any Crosby Stills & Nash (with/without Young) fans?

Rich

Saw Crosby Stills & Nash just a few years ago in Paris.  They started with Woodstock. We, the audience, were all very apprehensive regarding Stephen Stills. You could tell that everyone was hoping for the best, but fearing the worst performance wise.

The chorus harmonies kicked in and there was a standing ovation. It was fabulous.  Probably one of the best gigs I'd ever been to. 

Edited by leschirons
Spelling
  • Like 1

On 03/09/2021 at 11:44, wateroftyne said:

But… they’re all flawed people. They’ve all been tosspots at various times through their career.

Exactly this. They’ve made some great music and some not so great music collectively, separately, and in various other forms, and also been cool to each other and absolute jerks. That after all these years as they enter their twilight years they’re largely not even on speaking terms is very sad.

Also (to the OP), it’s just the S from the group, but give the Manassas album a listen too while you’re on!

• Like 1

On 03/09/2021 at 11:39, Old Horse Murphy said:

Q is no more sadly. 

At the other end of the CSNY timeline, there's this: the ultimate break-up song written about Mr Crosby. Very sad but very poignant and just an amazing song beautifully performed:

Sorry is this seems both a crazy OT swerve and sublimely ridiculous, given the status of CS&N.

But that reminds me, in terms of its atmosphere, of this song by a rather less known duo, which I think knocks it out of the park.

I'll get me coat...

9 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Sorry is this seems both a crazy OT swerve and sublimely ridiculous, given the status of CS&N.

But that reminds me, in terms of its atmosphere, of this song by a rather less known duo, which I think knocks it out of the park.

I'll get me coat...

Funny, the intro of the Otway song in turn reminds me of Cathedral by CSNY

When Will this ever end?!

Edited by Old Horse Murphy
  • Haha 1