Why become a member? ×

SOLD...AC guitars mint condition
£1400
Great Yarmouth

greyparrot

The build quality on this bass is like nothing I have seen but comparable to the best of ALEMBIC basses .I took it recently in a px and was going to keep it but decided to sell it's a little too far away from what I'm used to playing..p bass 🤣 but it's stunning. I have found a link to this very bass. I would think it would have been around 3.5k ..Just a bit of dust on it, i will polish it up, but its truly stunning. 

0032 Harlot S Type 4 | AC Guitars 

IMG_20210902_101937_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210902_101942_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210902_101949_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210902_102004_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210902_102024_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210902_102027_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210902_102053_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210902_102057_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210902_102103_HDR.jpg

Edited by greyparrot
  • Like 4

I do wish this would stop coming up. It’s always very tempting. Played it back in the day at Moffat, IIRC when Peter still had it. I seem to remember it was noticeably heavier than the basses I had then though; is it possible to confirm the weight? 

1 minute ago, 4000 said:

I do wish this would stop coming up. It’s always very tempting. Played it back in the day at Moffat, IIRC when Peter still had it. I seem to remember it was noticeably heavier than the basses I had then though; is it possible to confirm the weight? 

Hi the weight is 4.5kg, so i don't think it's particularly heavy, it's very compact though and balances well...but you would Know that. I'm open to offers on this, not silly ones though!! 

Oh WOW!! Nice to see my old bass.

This is an AMAZING bass - the pre-amp (filters) gives a huge range of tones - if you can't find the tone you're after, it doesn't exist. 

Strange that the weight was asked - I never considered this to be a heavy bass, such is the excellent balance - hangs perfectly on a leather 3" strap.

This is another of the basses that I was too precious with - loved playing it but always worried that any damage from a drop would result in devaluing it by several hundreds of pounds. Nice to see it's for sale at what I sold it for - CHEAP at the current price. 

IIRC I sold it in a Hiscox case which it fits with a bit of modification to the padding.

GLWTS

1 minute ago, TheGreek said:

This is an AMAZING bass - the pre-amp (filters) gives a huge range of tones - if you can't find the tone you're after, it doesn't exist. 

Strange that the weight was asked - I never considered this to be a heavy bass, such is the excellent balance - hangs perfectly on a leather 3" strap.

This is another of the basses that I was too precious with - loved playing it but always worried that any damage from a drop would result in devaluing it by several hundreds of pounds. Nice to see it's for sale at what I sold it for - CHEAP at the current price. 

IIRC I sold it in a Hiscox case which it fits with a bit of modification to the padding.

GLWTS

Hi there, i just guessed on the price so i was about right!! its a bit complicated for me the Pre amp, and like you did not think the weight was an issue at all, seems about average to me.. 

50 minutes ago, TheGreek said:

GLWTS

I have chronic back problems with several prolapsed intervertebral discs. Trust me, the weight matters to me no matter how well it balances, hence the question. Both my Wal Pro 2 and my custom Alembic were 4.5kg and I had to sell both because when I put them on my legs went numb.  🙄

Edited by 4000
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, 4000 said:

I have chronic back problems with several prolapsed intervertebral discs. Trust me, the weight matters to me no matter how well it balances, hence the question. Both my Wal Pro 2 and my custom Alembic were 4.5kg and I had to sell both because when I put them on my legs went numb.  🙄

wow that's such a shame, i hope your are ok...lots of guys i know have back and neck trouble, including me but nothing like that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4000 said:

I try and avoid looking at it every time it comes up. For me the prettiest bass ACG have made. I’ve talked myself out of buying it so many times 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I wondered where this had ended up, stunning bass. I regret selling this but then again, it is too long for me. You will not find a broader range of tones than the filters on this bass provide, it's a glorious thing. One day it'll find a permanent home. I think this is possibly the most beautiful bass Alan has made. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Frank Blank said:

I wondered where this had ended up, stunning bass. I regret selling this but then again, it is too long for me. You will not find a broader range of tones than the filters on this bass provide, it's a glorious thing. One day it'll find a permanent home. I think this is possibly the most beautiful bass Alan has made. 

Hi, do you know how much it would have cost to build ? and it's year? thanks