Why become a member? ×

Boss Waza Air now available for bass. Personal Amp System.

dave_bass5

1 minute ago, Bunion said:

I’ll be honest I’ve been so busy I haven’t really had time to delve so apart from some compression and a few tweaks to stock that’s all I’ve been using and I’m still loving the Waza 

Me too tbh. I’m all about pretty flat EQ, compressor and touch of reverb and that’s me. I have a patch for each bass ‘clean’ 

Just tried the live sets thing and it doesn’t work like I expected (changing the six patches you can cycle through to a different ‘set’ - instead it seems to give you more presets to select but by going through the library section. 

Tbh the app could use some work, but like you I rarely need to open it so it doesn’t bother me 👍🏼

Very tempted to go for that deal myself. Although (and I realise this is blasphemy) I’m strongly considering getting myself an electric guitar, so maybe best to get the original WAZA Air as that is probably a better choice for both guitar and bass compared to the WAZA Bass which won’t be that great for electric guitar? Arghhh…

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Very tempted to go for that deal myself. Although (and I realise this is blasphemy) I’m strongly considering getting myself an electric guitar, so maybe best to get the original WAZA Air as that is probably a better choice for both guitar and bass compared to the WAZA Bass which won’t be that great for electric guitar? Arghhh…

I'm thinking of that option too.

I have no funds at the moment though and 2022 will be (hopefully) when eldest goes to uni so I think I'm going to be broke for a few years now.

As others have said SCAN is certainly a reputable company. I've dealt with them for years ... you might get unlucky if something goes wrong but in general they are very reliable. Sadly it looks like they've sold out though.

Andertons now have it at £349 - https://www.andertons.co.uk/boss-waza-air-bass-headphones-wazaair-bass

So please buy up the stock before I succumb to GAS ... I really don't need to walk around the house playing bass ....

16 minutes ago, Bunion said:

You can eat potato skins just throw them in the pan, tell your partner your not feeling well, lock yourself in  the toilet and play bass, if they haven’t seen the Waza yet they’ll have no clue 😂🤣

I’m going for a Waza 

• Haha 5

I had a quick waza! 

All seems good. It's now got me straight onto the next bit of GAS though - a 5 string active Bass with front mounted jack socket (without the ££ of a Fodera or Alembic or tight string spacing of an Ibanez SR doesn't leave many options). 

3 minutes ago, SumOne said:

I had a quick waza! 

All seems good. It's now got me straight onto the next bit of GAS though - a 5 string active Bass with front mounted jack socket (without the ££ of a Fodera or Alembic or tight string spacing of an Ibanez SR doesn't leave many options). 

First thing that comes to mind is a Jazz bass with a John East J-Retro (not the deluxe)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SumOne said:

All seems good. It's now got me straight onto the next bit of GAS though

There is a thing, the Backbeat, I’ve been prancing round the living room all day with my Waza/Backbeat combo and I have to say it’s the ultimate in home practice setups. 
All in, yes, the set up isn’t cheap but I can honestly say I’ve not had so much fun, learned so many tracks or practiced so much as with it. 

Edited by Bunion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loving the Waza so far.

The hardware and wireless connection are excellent - feels like a quality bit of kit and connection is quick and seamless, no noticable latency and good sound quality. They are fun to use and can have a quick Waza in seconds! 

If anyone's having trouble with it losing app connection (I had been) there is a firmware update which fixes that: https://www.boss.info/global/products/waza-air_bass/downloads/. Once that's sorted the app works fine, but isn't quite the same 'premium' feel as the headphones/transmitter. The fx are decent but the interface to select them on the app is a bit weird, the drum loops/metronome are fine and it has a decent tuner too.

The 3D effect is too extreme to feel realistic but is interesting to muck about with for a while.

For me, I think it was worth getting the Bass version vs Guitar as you can save 6x drum loops/metronome types direct to the headphones and not need to connect a phone/app (and can also change tempo on the headphones), you also get the Bass specific effects (6x presets selectable on headphones) that have things like crossover frequency selection for the Chorus.

• Like 2

Has anyone figured out the live set thing? 

I’ve got six slots (almost one for each bass) currently, all ‘clean’ and pretty flat. If I press the up/down channel buttons it might switch to a different one and it can be hard to tell and get back to the right one. 

What I’d like to have is six patches per instrument so each bass has a clean then five ‘effected’ patches. Easy to get back to clean if I switch by accident and if I switch basses I can use the app to open a new ‘set’ 

In my head that’s how it should work but the app is a bit weird layout wise so I’m not sure how to achieve it!!

1 minute ago, Bunion said:

I’m looking into that at the moment, from what I gather you preprogramme  from the app the settings into the headphones and then the app isn’t always needed. 
maybe tomorrow will make it clearer 

Yes I barely use the app now that I have my clean patches sorted. I’d prefer the side buttons to be assignable like on the VB99 that would be super cool