Why become a member? ×

Boss Waza Air now available for bass. Personal Amp System.

dave_bass5

2 minutes ago, Bunion said:

Is it set up in Bluetooth to connect? I’ve had no problem and it connects straight away every time 

I think so. I haven’t had loads of time with it. I’ll work it out. 😃 iPad is fine so I’m sure iPhone will be 

• 8 months later...
Just now, Woodinblack said:

Does it not come with the original case? I don't know, I got mine with the case already second hand. As you have just got one I wont mention any of my current selling plans.. 😊

I didn't think (from previous comments) that it came with a case and (also from previous comments) thought the original case was a bit pants. Why are you thinking of selling yours?

1 hour ago, Frank Blank said:

Just ordered the Waza-Air Bass from Scan along with @Bunion's excellent case recommendation from Amazon.

You won’t be disappointed, two great uses for it on top of the bass practice aspect, lay-by/service station meetings, selling and buying it’s great for a quick noodle, I also use it on my electronic drums for wireless practice and a click track 😄

• Thanks 1

the original case is pretty good (assuming I had that one - it has the logo on it), or at least it does the job, holds everything and works.

I am going to get rid of mine just basically because it is not something I get round to using very often. When I am practicing I tend to use my spark with headphones as it is by my chair, I already have a wireless that I use there anyway, so all it gives me is some (heavy) headphones, that doesn't have the same effects or software of the spark. 

If I traveled a lot, it would be great, but I really don't much so its not really worth it for me, I think I have only used them a couple of times in the last month or so.

• Like 1

Received the Waza-Air Bass this morning. I charged them and have been playing for the last hour or so, absolutely amazing. Great practice tool, I can't believe how liberating it is simply having no leads. I was just practicing via the app playing along with my band's songs. I am quite tempted to just take the Waza and my basses to the Midlands Bass Bash at the weekend. Someone mentioned earlier on this thread (I think) how they'd be brilliant to take when you were selling a bass at a meeting say at a motorway services, they have so many applications and uses. 

Really superb bit of kit.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Frank Blank said:

Just placed my barely used Waza Air-Bass up for sale here...

I was going to ask why you were selling them when you are raving about them above but saw your other post, which is the same reason I will be selling mine when I come back. They are fantastic things, but if you don't use them they are a lot of money to be kicking around.

1 minute ago, Woodinblack said:

I was going to ask why you were selling them when you are raving about them above but saw your other post, which is the same reason I will be selling mine when I come back. They are fantastic things, but if you don't use them they are a lot of money to be kicking around.

Exactly this. They are an amazing bit of kit but, remain in their case they have...

• 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived earlier this week, very cheap and very fast from Scan. Best bass accessory I've tried, blows the PJB gear out of the water on functionality, usability and - surprisingly to me - on core tone (although let's face it the PJB headphones let the side down awfully). Strolling around the garden playing bass to myself, living the dream! Why no-one did this years ago is beyond me, thanks for the recommendations folks 👍

• Like 2

I finally bit the bullet, £349 delivered on coda music. 

Yeah I get it now. They are great bits of kit. Initially was frustrating pairing them up with Bluetooth and unfortunately the receiver thing doesn't fit my barrel jack yamaha bass. Apart from that they work well and are very handy. The two different Bluetooth settings boss audio and boss midi threw me at the start also. My biggest takeaway is how bad my tone and playing can sound with dry signal and no pre's

Homework time. Overall would recommend 👌 

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Has anyone got a list of the bass amps and effects on the Bass version?

I am in two minds about whether to get the guitar version as I play a lot of guitar as well, and it has a flat setting for keyboard / bass etc, but I can't find a list of amps / effects for the bass version to compare.

Can anyone help?

• 5 weeks later...

I'm a bit gutted these haven't gone down in price yet, in fact - they've gone up (but I guess everything has).

I paid £333 at the end of 2021 and sold them after a while to save some money and use the NUX Mighty Plug (£59), now the cheapest I can find the Waza Bass are £364 (again via Scan). It's quite hard to justify spending £300 extra just to do away with the headphone cable, but the Boss certainly are better and I'm keen to get them again as a luxury that I'll use a lot.

There is no competition for this fully wireless system to help bring the price down or encourage more innovation, but it must be relatively easy to use a latency-free wireless system and put the receiver directly into headphones, the heavy-lifting technology is already there, it's just a case of re-purposing it.  Isn't it about time NUX made a headphone system 'inspired by' Boss, they already have the NUX Mighty Plug and the NUX Wireless receiver technology, put it in some headphones and Bob's your uncle....then again, perhaps that actually gets up to the Boss sort of cost.

I'll be keeping my eyes open for Black Friday deals. 🧐

3 hours ago, ped said:

I mentioned these recently - not as portable, but made with Line6 so potentially something to compete with the Waza on the horizon

https://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/musical_instruments/guitars_basses/amps_accessories/yh-wl500/index.html

Ah nice one, good to give Boss a bit of healthy competition. 

They are available to buy now, £299:  https://www.yamahamusiclondon.com/product.php?product_id=GYHWL500&source=froogle&srsltid=AfmBOoqV6dfJLXNE8BBcWrl1YkyJaqrwvSjzx5_Drhb7cmMJzUmqyTuQZ6A   they don't make it obvious, but I assume that bulky base/charging unit is also the transmitter and needs to be plugged into the Bass via a cable - so you only get rid of the need for a headphone cable. In fact, I think Yamaha are being a bit cheeky on how they are presenting this:

image.thumb.png.40b8c19e806ad09ec15d402362e61027.png

It gives the impression of a fully wirelss setup like the Boss, but what it's actually showing is: Bass > Line 6 Relay transmitter > Line 6 Relay receiver (not shown) >  Amp > YH-WL500 transmitter > headphones.  So that £300 pair of headphones actually needs at least another £200 spent to ditch the cables in a similar way to the Boss. Clearly the selling point is getting rid of all cables like the Boss though so hopefully that's something that'll be in development. 

Edited by SumOne