Why become a member? ×

Boss Waza Air now available for bass. Personal Amp System.

dave_bass5

2 minutes ago, ped said:

Yes I barely use the app now that I have my clean patches sorted. I’d prefer the side buttons to be assignable like on the VB99 that would be super cool

I’m sure the MkII will bring us joy and separate us from more cash 😂🤣

Edited by Bunion
  • Haha 1

These little bits are just the icing on the cake - I’m just so pleased that the thing sounds so good. 

Oh actually I also noticed that if I choose standby to be sound as suing rather than motion sensing (on the transmitter) it always ends up being motion mode. Maybe firmware updates will help. 

47 minutes ago, Bunion said:

Is it bad I want a DI on the Waza, every bass I put through it sounds exactly as I want it to…

and the things set flat

Yeah I'd be keen. I guess it wouldn't be too complicated for Boss to develop a pedalboard Boss wireless receiver that  uses the Boss Waza Air app/fx as the sound editor. Could then have a pedal unit that's basically the Waza headphones but without the speakers and add an output jack and xlr out. 

Just now, fretmeister said:

Can the Boss modelling units recreate the sound?

The various amp models, effects and the way they work are as near as identical as I can tell to my VB99 - the difference being the headphones themselves (the WAZA have a slightly less flat response to my main headphone setup which is easily compensated for)

I’ve never tried any other boss or Roland multis though at least not recently. I assume the core processing and COSM technology is the same. You can’t Improve on perfect!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fretmeister said:

Can the Boss modelling units recreate the sound?

Feature wise, the closest current boss unit appears to be the GT1b. However, I have no idea how close it sounds. 

I’ve had a quick skim through pdfs for the other units and none of them offer much in the way of bass amp modelling. It would be great if Boss added some bass specific algorithms to the GT1000 series and even the Pocket GT. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Greg Edwards69 said:

I’ve had a quick skim through pdfs for the other units and none of them offer much in the way of bass amp modelling. It would be great if Boss added some bass specific algorithms to the GT1000 series and even the Pocket GT. 

They do have all their cosm stuff in the SY1000

• 3 weeks later...

Only problem I have with mine is I find myself using it more and more each day, early in the morning and late at night.

Very surprised with the rich tone and I've yet to play with the different amp models or effects, just playing along to whatever I have on my ipod, including my band's material, is worth every penny!

(Especially since I went with play now, pay later.)

Sounds good with my L2000s, my Reverend Thundergun, my Italia Imola, my CV Jazz, my Bacchus Woodline, and my Dean Exotica acoustic basses.

What more can anyone ask for?

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2 months into owning the Waza Air Bass I would still recommend them.

They have been a bit of a game-changer for me; playing at home is pretty much always via the Waza Air Bass as it's quick/convenient, portable, sounds good, can play along to music easily, has a tuner, and can add FX/EQ etc. It also means I now practice in different rooms and the garden. I'm down to just two utility type pedals whenever I'm playing Bass with bands as they are all that's needed. It's meant that most of my more exotic type pedals have been sold or are gathering dust.

They are a lot more expensive than the Nux mighty plug (which is really good) but being fully wireless and the quality of the sound takes things to the next level and means I pick up the Bass for a quick go more often. Alternatives like pedals with aux in/headphone out are not the same experience at all.

One downside worth noting: Anyone thinking (like I did) '£330 is a lot of money, but at least you also get a decent pair of bluetooth headphones just to listen to music',  I was a bit disappointed as the battery life for that is only about 5hrs (most over-ear bluetooth headphones are >20hrs). I think because it's also always searching for the wireless signal - I assume if they had a way of turning that off and only bluetooth receiver on (e.g. an on/off of the wireless via the app) then the blutooth only battery life would be extended. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SumOne said:

It also means I now practice in different rooms and the garden.

Practice in the garden? In London? Is the Waza Air Bass waterproof as well? 💦

RainyBeatles1.jpg?w=1200&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=

I'd agree with the battery life concern although given the price I'd probably be reluctant to use it as an everyday set of headphones for commuting \ travelling (although they are sturdily built).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gramski said:

Practice in the garden? In London? Is the Waza Air Bass waterproof as well? 💦

RainyBeatles1.jpg?w=1200&h=0&zc=1&s=0&a=

I'd agree with the battery life concern although given the price I'd probably be reluctant to use it as an everyday set of headphones for commuting \ travelling (although they are sturdily built).

I nearly got sunburnt on Sunday! 

Yeah, I don't use them for commuting (although plenty of high-end Sennheiser, Sony, Bose headphones are around the £300 mark) but there have been some occasions when more battery for bluetooth headphone use would be useful - like next week I'm heading from London to Birmingham via train for work for a couple of days and will probably take the Bass and Waza, if I use them as bluetooth headphones for the journey they'll probably die on me that evening for Bass noodling if I don't recharge. Not a big deal, but it seems that if there was the option to turn off the wireless receiver the bluetooth battery life would be improved.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Can’t help but think Boss have all the components to make a product which would blow something like the Phil Jones BigHead out of the water now.

Basically the WAZA Air as a little unit that you could plug your own headphones into. Still with the wireless transmitter but maybe with a standard 1/4” jack socket to plug directly into as a backup. And of course all of the effects, modelling and Bluetooth connectivity, plus an internal rechargeable battery (USB-C of course) in a nice robust yet compact metal form factor.

For those who don’t need yet another set of headphones but want everything else the WAZA Air has to offer.

6 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Can’t help but think Boss have all the components to make a product which would blow something like the Phil Jones BigHead out of the water now.

Basically the WAZA Air as a little unit that you could plug your own headphones into. Still with the wireless transmitter but maybe with a standard 1/4” jack socket to plug directly into as a backup. And of course all of the effects, modelling and Bluetooth connectivity, plus an internal rechargeable battery (USB-C of course) in a nice robust yet compact metal form factor.

For those who don’t need yet another set of headphones but want everything else the WAZA Air has to offer.

Maybe - but the beauty of them is that they’re all in one and so hassle free. The headphones themselves are great actually; for listening to music and playing. They ‘flatter’ music more than my Beyer cans which are much more open and more spacious for playing along with music but with the Roland’s I turn the bass down a touch to stop things getting too ‘crowded’ and I’m able to achieve a pretty close approximation

Great thread and convinced me to take the plunge, and I’m very pleased I did 🙂 . I bought a bass headphone amp (I will not mention the brand) before this, in an attempt to introduce some wirelessness to my practice, but the Bluetooth function was just unusable because it was so noisy. Sometimes I just want to practice with a metronome or with iReal pro app and the noise was too distracting. It could have been a fault hence why I’m not going to mention any more in case it was a one off. Anyway I sent it back and stumbled upon this thread. Although these are expensive, and I was anxious they might have similar noise issues but absolutely not. I am very impressed and the extra features and sound quality are so worth it. They sound fantastic. No conflicts to declare by the way! Bought from GAK and good service there too. 

• Like 3

Wires? Where we're going we don't need wires! 

Pod Go wireless + Boss Waza Air:

20220410_094436.thumb.jpg.3f41628fe6484460718be98c3a078322.jpg

They fight for dominance though - need to turn on the Waza first and then the Pod Go which automatically finds a different frequency. If done the other way around they fight over the same frequency and drop signals. (A bit worrying if playing a gig with the Pod Go wireless and someone comes along and turns on a Boss wireless). 

Just need the Pod Go to run off batteries to really get rid of all wires.

• Like 3