Why become a member? ×

Boss Waza Air now available for bass. Personal Amp System.

dave_bass5

12 minutes ago, Supernaut said:

Why do bass players need to pay an extra £70? 

Seems cheeky if the hardware is the same. Although the guitar version has been around for a while now so I guess prices reduce over time and the same will eventually happen with the Bass version.

The guitar one is actually £90 cheaper at Thomman (£309 incluing post and tax), and they have a B Stock one for £285 that I'm tempted with if the only difference is software related for what amps and cabs it has. 

Plus the info for the guitar one states '5 Amplifier types derived from the Katana stage amplifier series, including a full-range mode for bass or acoustic / electric guitar' 

Edited by SumOne

A difference between the guitar and bass versions seems to be that the bass version has 6x built in rhythms that can be controlled via the headphones without needing a phone Bluetooth connection. Other than that the difference seems to be in the effects/amps available on the app. I'm guessing it's basically software changes. 

• Like 1

I've checked the Boss websites and the manuals and cannot see that there are any hardware differences between Bass and Guitar versions, just the software for 6x drum/metronome loops and the bass specific amps and perhaps some of the effects being tweaked a bit. 

There are shops selling the guitar version for £309 but the going rate for the Bass version is £399 (or a couple of shops are trying for over £420). I'm keen but I think this is cheeky - expecially as in the USA there is only $30 (£20) price difference. 

Hopefully the Bass version will come down to the Guitar version price over time (or other brands will start using this wireless headphone technology). In the meantime I'm going to get the Nux.

Edited by SumOne
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, SumOne said:

I've checked the Boss websites and the manuals and cannot see that there are any hardware differences between Bass and Guitar versions, just the software for 6x drum/metronome loops and the bass specific amps and perhaps some of the effects being tweaked a bit. 

There are shops selling the guitar version for £309 but the going rate for the Bass version is £399 (or a couple of shops are trying for over £420). I'm keen but I think this is cheeky - expecially as in the USA there is only $30 (£20) price difference. 

Hopefully the Bass version will come down to the Guitar version price over time (or other brands will start using this wireless headphone technology). In the meantime I'm going to get the Nux.

I will sell you my NUX if you like, PM me if you haven't pulled the trigger already? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ped said:

I will sell you my NUX if you like, PM me if you haven't pulled the trigger already? 

Ah s*it, I was too keen and online buying is too easy - it's already ordered! It's Amazon though with free returns so shouldn't be a hassle to just return it for a refund. I'll PM you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, acidbass said:

Does the Bluetooth music streaming thing allow music to be played from the usual sources - Spotify, Youtube etc?  Or what way does it work?

Yep they connect like any other bluetooth headphones so you can play music from any source. There are three lights n the back, one to show if the transmitter is connected (happens instantly when you plug it into the bass, with no 'pop' noise or anything, same when you remove), one for battery charge and the other for bluetooth.

Using the app you connect the bluetooth audio as you would normally, then the transmitter connects as a sperate device through the app, but you only need to use the app if you want to change your saved preset which is saved to the headphones, and you can scroll through saved presets using the buttons on the headphones.

• Like 1

Sold my wingbass and as usual the damn money started smouldering as soon as it touched my pocket…

Mine arrives Monday from Andertons.
Couldn’t get a case for love nor money and most places are showing at least a 7-12 week wait. 

I’ve been put onto a case from Amazon and at £12 it’s half the price. 

I’ll report back on how that one goes Monday 😄

Edited by Bunion
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, So Andertons pulled a rabbit out of the hat and despite DPS telling me yesterday I’d get my Waza air Monday it arrived today 🎉💥

all I can say is ‘WOW’ 

absolutely love it!! 
There’s not much I can add to what @ped has already said but as a regular PJB bighead user this is indeed another level. If your on the fence then it’s time to jump. 
‘Come on in, the waters fine!’ 
As regards a case for the Waza they are saying a 7-12 week wait on most sites or simply out of stock. 
I was reading a post on another site and they recommended this from Amazon 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B016KV79X8/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

I’d say probably not as high quality as the named brand but nevertheless it’s a snug safe fit 7CFF21AB-156F-458C-BC2E-A689BE0A8040.thumb.jpeg.19a311c1a0fdff7ac77f0fb2d83c18cc.jpeg

plus it’s less than half the cost of the branded item and available on next day delivery 8F4A64E2-E8E1-41AC-B736-CF5D310BCF64.thumb.jpeg.b64b5124d888e37b488b02cb2f067c97.jpeg

and it’s got a handy net pouch that can be moved anywhere you want for charging wires/plectrums etc. 
all in all I’m well chuffed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Bunion said:

I was reading a post on another site and they recommended this from Amazon 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B016KV79X8/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

I’d say probably not as high quality as the named brand but nevertheless it’s a snug safe fit 

plus it’s less than half the cost of the branded item and available on next day delivery 8F4A64E2-E8E1-41AC-B736-CF5D310BCF64.thumb.jpeg.b64b5124d888e37b488b02cb2f067c97.jpeg

and it’s got a handy net pouch that can be moved anywhere you want for charging wires/plectrums etc. 

That looks great - I actually prefer the way it holds everything vs the “official” case.

• Like 1

On 05/11/2021 at 17:32, Bunion said:

Sold my wingbass and as usual the damn money started smouldering as soon as it touched my pocket…

The Roland Octaver built into these is really good, sounds brilliant with the WIngbass!! Sorry, you probably didn't want to hear that 😄

I've had my Waza Airs for a few days now and whilst I do think they are fantastic, I am suffering from intermittent glitches while playing which is spoiling things a bit. From what I've read it's operating on the same 2.4GHz band as WiFi, and interference is possible. I do have quite a few WiFi devices in the household operating at any one time - phones, laptops, smartwatches, smart speakers etc.

Is anyone else getting these problems, or conversely if you're not getting them, do you have a relatively simple WiFi network? 

8 minutes ago, pineweasel said:

I've had my Waza Airs for a few days now and whilst I do think they are fantastic, I am suffering from intermittent glitches while playing which is spoiling things a bit. From what I've read it's operating on the same 2.4GHz band as WiFi, and interference is possible. I do have quite a few WiFi devices in the household operating at any one time - phones, laptops, smartwatches, smart speakers etc.

Is anyone else getting these problems, or conversely if you're not getting them, do you have a relatively simple WiFi network? 

Mine's been flawless and my Wifi is like yours. However, I have had a couple of crackles that I assumed were interference but actually it was down to the transmitter crackling in the jack, like a bad connection. It seems quite sensitive to the quality of the connection here so perhaps give that a waggle and see.

Thanks, it's good to hear that it should work well. I'm certain it's radio interference of some kind rather than the transmitter connection, having tried with two basses over several days.

I think I will exchange it in case mine has a fault, and see what happens with a new set.

• Like 1

Well, after a solid day on the waza I can say I love it, I haven’t turned or wanted to turn my amp on at all, what a great sound and that’s just as it comes from the shop, I’ve started to load my own patch presets in and it’s a only getting better, I think I’ve learned more new tracks today than I learned in the last month. Maybe it’s new shiny thing syndrome but man this thing rocks. 
All it needs is a DI out and whooooo heaven in the cans 

Edited by Bunion
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bunion said:

Well, after a solid day on the waza I can say I love it, I haven’t turned or wanted to turn my amp on at all, what a great sound and that’s just as it comes from the shop, I’ve started to load my own patch presets in and it’s a only getting better, I think I’ve learned more new tracks today than I learned in the last month. Maybe it’s new shiny thing syndrome but man this thing rocks. 
All it needs is a DI out and whooooo heaven in the cans 

I haven't used an amp at home for as long as I can remember. Playing through headphones is amazing if it's a decent setup. Now you want to try a Backbeat between your bass and your Waza transmitter :)