Why become a member? ×

Boss Waza Air now available for bass. Personal Amp System.

dave_bass5

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t know. If it really is as good as it apparently is (and a friend of mine in New York has just posted a very positive video on it), then it might just be the ultimate practice rig. Wireless, you can take it anywhere, play backing tracks through it, sounds great and doesn’t annoy the neighbours or even wife. Given how much I’ve spent on practice gear for guitar and bass, this could be a game changer. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Back when i posted the above post i was told they were on their way to him. Seems like they weren't available until yesterday. He does now have them and says they are very impressive, other than the spatial effect, which is a gimmick (his words).

He is a big fan of the Boss Katana stuff and says he can get a lot fo that vibe with these. Ill be trying them out asap.

• 3 months later...

I finally got to try these out yesterday. Very impressive. The tone sounded really good using various guitars. Didn’t try a bass though. The Stage mode is good, as is the other psycho acoustic mode. I always play at home through headphones, so used to it, but the Boss made it feel that there was some distance between you and the source. It didnt just sound like it was coming at you in both ears, but more that there was a definite  source if that makes sense. 

So yeah, very impressive, other than the price still. 

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...

"Nice idea. I wonder how much..." 🤢 *BAULK* A BIT pricey?! £329 quid for the guitar version currently...

Get one of these... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084JB519R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

or from one of our own... 

...and wired headphones (of YOUR choice)... Admittedly it's missing a few effects I would call vital for bass in such a unit (compression...) but otherwise it'd do the same job...

Edited by Bigwan
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

"Nice idea. I wonder how much..." 🤢 *BAULK* A BIT pricey?! £329 quid for the guitar version currently...

Get one of these... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084JB519R/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

...and wired headphones (of YOUR choice)... Admittedly it's missing a few effects I would call vital for bass in such a unit (compression...) but otherwise it'd do the same job...

Apart from the metronome, the surround sound, the adaptive sound where it changes with movement like being on a stage.

It's not really the same product.

Still, it's new tech and thus a bit pricey. Give it a year and Behringer will rip it off.

I’d go for a Zoom B1 four plus headphones of your choice… mine are reference-style AKG and good enough for me… and an aux in. I will admit you have all those pesky cables but much cheaper and hours of endless fun fiddling around with patches.

The adaptive sound is a bit weird… but Indon’t move around on stage anyway.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, fretmeister said:

Apart from the metronome, the surround sound, the adaptive sound where it changes with movement like being on a stage.

It's not really the same product.

Still, it's new tech and thus a bit pricey. Give it a year and Behringer will rip it off.

Based on core functionality (headphone practice with bluetooth control/playback, effects, amp modelling, metronome, etc) they are the same product. If somebody wants all the unrealistic BS to go along with that, let them waste their money....

9 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

Based on core functionality (headphone practice with bluetooth control/playback, effects, amp modelling, metronome, etc) they are the same product. If somebody wants all the unrealistic BS to go along with that, let them waste their money....

I remember when people said "pointless / unrealistic" stuff about ipads, modelling amps, laptops....

All before anyone tried them.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I spent a few quid more on an iPad, interface and headphones. 

I bought an ipad for general use (£300 at the time), added a cheap focusrite interface (25 quid) and used headphones I've had for years. And had latency for free!

Ive used the first version a few times at my mates place. Until you actually put them on its hard to see what the fuss is about. 

Im not convinced id ever use them over a normal set of phones and a B1-Four etc, but there is more than just a gimmick going on. 

The new version seems better though. A bit too pricey for me though. My iPad and headphones do everything i need.

I believe Dave Swift is endorsing them now. 

Edited by dave_bass5