Why become a member? ×

Peter Hook auctioning off equipment/memorabilia

Belka

17 minutes ago, tauzero said:

Lots 301 and 302 (page 7) astounded me with the price they fetched. The same things are going for £10-£20 on That Ebay.

That's probably where Hooky got them from a couple of weeks before the auction. 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I couldn’t believe the Peavey Foundation fretless went for more than the bicentennial thunderbird 😳

I can't remember the details now but I was watching at that stage – was it that the Peavey was used on the recording of certain tracks and the Thunderbird wasn't?

I noticed that the Blue Monday commemorative anvil went for more than the main BB1200. People are weird, and have money.

3 minutes ago, Ricky Rioli said:

I can't remember the details now but I was watching at that stage – was it that the Peavey was used on the recording of certain tracks and the Thunderbird wasn't?

I noticed that the Blue Monday commemorative anvil went for more than the main BB1200. People are weird, and have money.

The Trace Rigs seemed odd too - some went hug, some didn’t.

I didn’t want the Ashdown for the Hooky connection, I just loved the Salford Rules bit…

• Like 1

On 09/10/2021 at 20:29, Maude said:

That's probably where Hooky got them from a couple of weeks before the auction. 

I don't doubt it for one moment ... Only proceeds from certain lots go to charity also yet I hear people always saying it's a 'charity' auction and to leave the man alone ;)

Edited by i.clarke

On 11/10/2021 at 23:25, i.clarke said:

He's sold more of these than fookin Hohner over the years ... Ian only had one !

I'd guess they had more than one in forty years. A few of their songs use one and I'd want at least a couple of back ups if touring a plastic 'toy'. 

But I know what you mean.

🙂

• 1 month later...