Why become a member? ×

Peter Hook auctioning off equipment/memorabilia

Belka

11 hours ago, Studio GC said:

On another note....he was just on the Rockenteurs podcast (Guy Pratt and Gary Kemp).

Got me grooving to JD and NO for the day!

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/s1e54-peter-hook/id1530701242?i=1000536611629

…. Pissing myself when hooky told that story about buying a bass head ….so which speaker are you plugging it into???

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Studio GC said:

On another note....he was just on the Rockenteurs podcast (Guy Pratt and Gary Kemp).

Got me grooving to JD and NO for the day!

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/s1e54-peter-hook/id1530701242?i=1000536611629

…. Pissing myself when hooky told that story about buying a bass head ….so which speaker are you plugging it into???

• Like 1

Well I'm absolutely stonkingly super chuffed that I managed to bag lot 142.

Lot 142 in the local auction house, a brass fireside companion set. 

What auction were we talking about? 

Ooh meds time. NURSE!! 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Maude said:

Well I'm absolutely stonkingly super chuffed that I managed to bag lot 142.

Lot 142 in the local auction house, a brass fireside companion set. 

What auction were we talking about? 

Ooh meds time. NURSE!! 

Congratulation but you should know the rules by now: no picture, no brass fireside companion set 😉 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, i.clarke said:

He's dumped a few shergolds claimed to be 'the one'

I remember listening to Jeremy Vine saying that he bought the set of chimes that was used on Atmosphere from either Hooky or Bernard. 

I'm also pretty sure I read that the sound of those chimes was one disc off a tambourine fed into a delay of some sort by Martin Hannett, or something similar. 

So it appears poor old Jezza was stitched up by them as well. 🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Maude said:

I remember listening to Jeremy Vine saying that he bought the set of chimes that was used on Atmosphere from either Hooky or Bernard. 

I'm also pretty sure I read that the sound of those chimes was one disc off a tambourine fed into a delay of some sort by Martin Hannett, or something similar. 

Somehow this reminded me of this Danish bloke who got money from a museum to create a piece of art with that money and then just he delivered an empty frame, saying that "he had no intention of complying with his contract. “The work is that I have taken their money,” he told Danish radio. “It’s not theft. It is breach of contract, and breach of contract is part of the work.”

Genius. That's proper (post)punk art!

https://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign/2021/sep/28/danish-artist-delivers-empty-frames-for-84k-fee-as-low-pay-protest

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Maude said:

It was 'another' PH auction .. and barney and steve had said they had used  a metal comb or something on the original .... (or maybe the tambo thing you mention ?)Let's not forget all the other random gear with JOY DIVISION stenciled onto it and sold as 'joy division era' .. I can't even find some of these past auctions online now so don't have definitive proof ... Am sure there's one or two links floating about still though

Edited by i.clarke
  • Like 1