Why become a member? ×

Peter Hook auctioning off equipment/memorabilia

Belka

9 minutes ago, Musicman666 said:

quite surprising that he would dump the shergold and eccleshall....  is this auction like a symbolic final separation from new order??

I can't remember what I read, but aren't those two just backups?

13 hours ago, Musicman666 said:

quite surprising that he would dump the shergold and eccleshall....  is this auction like a symbolic final separation from new order??

IIRC he only had the Eccleshalls because he liked the look and wanted something that could be made to feedback on certain songs. Otherwise he's have played the Yamahas all the time.

As for the Shergolds, they've been pretty much replaced with the Eastwood copies. Having played an original Shergold and owning one of the Eastwoods, I'd say the differences between the two are insignificant, and if someone is stupid enough to bid £3.5k (last time I looked) for a Shergold when they could have a brand new Eastwood for a fraction of the cost, then you'd be an idiot not to offer it up for sale.

• 1 month later...

Interesting "behind the scenes" short documentary on YT:

With The Peter Hook Signature Collection – New Order exhibition taking place this week at Omega Auctions before the auction this Friday 8th October, here with a behind the scenes mini documentary with Hooky interviewed by Paul Fairweather showcasing the event.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alyctes said:

IIRC he is donating all the proceeds to charity.

Probably not all will go to charities. On the official website, it only says "Donations from the auction will be supporting The Christie charity and Epilepsy Society".

www.omegaauctions.co.uk/news-media/news/the-peter-hook-signature-collection-2021/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eldon Tyrell said:

Probably not all will go to charities. On the official website, it only says "Donations from the auction will be supporting The Christie charity and Epilepsy Society".

www.omegaauctions.co.uk/news-media/news/the-peter-hook-signature-collection-2021/

I heard him talking about it on Radio 6 a few weeks back.  I may have misunderstood.