Why become a member? ×

Status Graphite Emails

Delberthot

19 minutes ago, tegs07 said:

With the advent of DKIM and DMARC email is becoming an increasingly complex thing for small businesses that often rely on 3rd party systems and mailing lists. Personally I think email has had its day and there are far more effective forms of communication.

A good old fashioned phone call is still the best method of resolving disputes and complications IMO. To many issues are compounded with hasty texts and tweets that can’t be retracted or the tone or context understood.

From a business PoV telephone conversations are terrible because unless you record every call (and if you do you also need the consent of the whoever is on the other end of the line) there is no permanent record of what was said. Having been stung in the past by "agreements" made during phone calls I no longer do any business solely on the basis of a telephone conversation. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, tegs07 said:

A good old fashioned phone call is still the best method of resolving disputes and complications IMO. To many issues are compounded with hasty texts and tweets that can’t be retracted or the tone or context understood.

A phone call usually needs an email confirmation so it all boils down to email again. I can set up an out of office reply on my email. Why can't a small business?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ubit said:

A phone call usually needs an email confirmation so it all boils down to email again. I can set up an out of office reply on my email. Why can't a small business?

If the email ever lands in their inbox they can. There are a lot of obstacles in the way these days. I can explain in depth if you want to be bored rigid.

• Like 1

I recently acquired a Status S4000. They're not the most desirable model but they're as rare as hen's teeth and I love it. Bought some double ball end Elites and couldn't get them to tune in before I ran out of tension so I emailed Status and Rob sent me several replies to assist. In the end they had some 45-100 strings made up for me as they were out of stock and they are now on the bass and working perfectly. Can't praise Status enough. If I could bring myself round to selling a couple of my collection I'd have no hesitation in ordering a new S2. Which will probably happen soon!! 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1