Why become a member? ×

Status Graphite Emails

Delberthot

I ordered a neck about 10 weeks ago and emailed Dawn a couple of weeks ago to find out when it would be ready.

I've since emailed Dawn and the [email protected]  address but haven't heard anything and now I'm getting concerned.

I haven't been able to see anything online to suggest that there's any issues at present. 

Has anyone spoken to or emailed them recently?

They've responded to the message I sent on messenger and are going to check for me.

I have aspergers so the phone thing is outwith my control plus I have to avoid confrontational situations for the same reason.
 The written message is far safer for everyone involved 😬

• Like 16

As I've said so many times in the past that you are probably all bored of it, if a company doesn't want to communicate via email they shouldn't publish an email address.

These days, a voice call unless backed up with some form of written communication, is a terrible way of doing business, because unless you also record every call you make and receive there is no permanent record of what was said.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Delberthot said:

I ordered a neck about 10 weeks ago and emailed Dawn a couple of weeks ago to find out when it would be ready.

I've since emailed Dawn and the [email protected]  address but haven't heard anything and now I'm getting concerned.

I haven't been able to see anything online to suggest that there's any issues at present. 

Has anyone spoken to or emailed them recently?

I bought a neck from them a few weeks back with no problem. I don’t think they are a big operation so may well be slow to respond to emails. It may even be in a junk mail folder. As has said give them a call. I spoke to Dawn and she was very helpful.

Also moving out of a comfort zone is highly recommended. It’s never pleasant at the time but the more often it’s done the easier it gets. Most human being are pleasant and accommodating. If the call gets awkward explain why and you be pleasantly surprised by the response. 

Edited by tegs07

2 hours ago, Jus Lukin said:

I understand. I'm terrible with phone calls and confrontation! At the age of 42 I am on a low priority list to see if I may have ASD- and it would explain so, so many things.

Im the same. I can never think of something quick enough to say to people. Mrs Ubit is amazing on the phone. She just knows what to say at the right time. Theres no issues with me apart from being dim witted. I think of something smart about half an hour after the situation.

I ordered a neck from them about a week ago, no email confo but received a card payment receipt and form confirming order, with details, within a few days, so presumably all good. 

I assume as a firm they just don't operate much with email.

..^ handy to have the email of  Dawn tho ( who is I guess the lady I spoke to when ordering it) in case i need to contact them. She said ring them in a few weeks to see how the order is progressing.

The estimate was 7-8 weeks but possibly a bit sooner according to the conversation I had

Hth

I think I have said this before... I bought an MM neck with a few extras (no dots, tinted green, satin finish). I had the opportunity to speak to honorable Mr. Green in the ordering phase. Very fluent. I also got an estimate of the delivery.

I was travelling when a strange number was calling me. It was the wonderful lady Dawn who told me that the neck is ready to be shipped. Two weeks before the estimate (remember: this was a custom order) and the neck came to my house in impeccable shape.

I would say that there are shops that have nice products, but people at Status really showed to me the first class service, product, and experience. Once again, thank you all. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Delberthot said:

They've responded to the message I sent on messenger and are going to check for me.

I have aspergers so the phone thing is outwith my control plus I have to avoid confrontational situations for the same reason.
 The written message is far safer for everyone involved 😬

That’s me too. Consequently I always try and avoid phone calls. My phone is permanently set to ‘do not disturb’. People who know me know to text instead.

Glad you got a response. I played a Stingray with a Status neck a few years ago, it really was wonderful.

I live very near Status and have my S3000 with them currently for some fettling. Its taken a while so far but I've kept in contact (by phone) and they're very responsive. Dawn explained that there has recently been some illness and also work carried out to improve the factory, both of which have resulted in a bit of a backlog. I guess it's a case of 'bear with' for the time being.

They are closed this week for holidays. I exchanged emails with Dawn last week about my Status. I’d echo the comment to call them when they are back. They really are a micro business, when I visited just pre pandemic I was surprised how small the unit and team is. 

Just now, ubit said:

It doesn't matter how small your business is. It's easy to set up an out of office reply to emails if you are on holiday or similar. No, this says to me unprofessional or uncaring.

With the advent of DKIM and DMARC email is becoming an increasingly complex thing for small businesses that often rely on 3rd party systems and mailing lists. Personally I think email has had its day and there are far more effective forms of communication.

A good old fashioned phone call is still the best method of resolving disputes and complications IMO. To many issues are compounded with hasty texts and tweets that can’t be retracted or the tone or context understood.

• Like 1